The First Meeting

Rena winced as Lily dragged her into the house without hesitation. She noticed two other people standing by the doorway. A woman and a man. The woman was tall and horribly thin, with a long plait of chocolate hair tossed over one shoulder and pine green eyes that would have been pretty, if it wasn't for the cold calculation in her stare. The man was equally beautiful, about a head taller, somehow even skinner, with raven black hair and icy blue eyes so bright they almost glowed. A wicked looking scar sliced from his hairline to his bony jaw, straight through his left eye. He stood, angled slightly between the woman and her and Lily, but Rena got the feeling that it was more to protect them from the woman, not the other way around.

Is Lily just going to ignore them? Rena wondered, narrowing her eyes at her childhood friend. That's not like her. She looked at Lily, to see that despite her excited smile, her purple eyes lacked their usual sparkle.

Does Lily think that they could be dangerous? Rena let Lily drag her into the living room.

Lily looked back at Rena and gave her the slightest nod. Rena blinked, signaling that she understood as they came to a stop in front of the woman sitting on the couch. The woman was Caroline's opposite in every way. Short, dark brown hair, with dark gray eyes. She was lean and tan where Caroline was curvy and pale.

"Hello! You must be Meredith. Caroline's sister?" Lily asked, smiling at the woman brightly. The woman gave her a warm smile in return.

"That's right. You must be Lily and Rena. From Galassia." Meredith responded in a soft voice as she motioned for Lily and Rena to sit down. Lily's grip on Rena's jacket tightened.

These people know more than they let on. Lily thought, keeping her bright smile on her face as she sat down.

"Caroline. Why don't you get everyone cleaned up?"

Caroline smiled a feline smile, before reaching into her pocket. Before they could even react, she pulled out a glittery pink powder and blew a cloud all over them.

Rena coughed and sputtered as she inhaled a lung-full, but when she looked at her friend, all the dirt and grime on her clothes had disappeared.

Lily gave a small sneeze as the glitter settled.

"Wow! That's so convenient." She gushed, looking over herself and Rena. She glanced at the other two strangers, and saw that they were completely clean as well.

The pine-eyed woman didn't seem to think it was convenient. In fact, she had somehow gotten a dagger, a beautiful blade with a golden hilt, into her palm, and was snarling like a wolf at Caroline, the man seemingly inclined to let her.

In a flash, Lily changed into her ninja armor, holding her red and black daggers. Her hair had pulled itself into a ponytail, her braids neatly pinned into a braided crown. She stood in front of Caroline, ready to defend her. Even if Caroline was a stranger, she wasn't going to stand by and let her get harmed. She watched the woman with dark purple eyes.

The pine-eyed woman raised an eyebrow, any anger she had previously seemingly replaced by curiosity.

"How-how did you do that? Are you a telekinetic?" she asked.

Lily shook her head.

"No. My magic is called Armatura." She explained, still tense as she watched the pine-eyed woman's dagger.

The woman's eyes filled with cool calculation, and Lily could almost see her mind working through them.

But all she said was, "Interesting."

"Now!" Meredith clapped, getting everyone's attention. "Let's all calm down. Sit." It was no longer a suggestion. Wordlessly, Lily watched as the two strangers reluctantly moved into the living room. Relaxing, Lily let her outfit and hair go back to normal. She returned to Rena's side and eyed the pine-eyed woman.