The Plan

Rena waited outside the house, unable to stop herself from fidgeting apprehensively. Next to her, Camilla stood, still with tension. Together they watched the streets for signs of Caroline, River and Lily.

"Why aren't they back yet?" Rena asked, her orange eyes darting back and forth. More and more people were coming out on the streets, making it harder to look for their companions. Camilla shook her head in silent response, her pine-green eyes unwavering as she stared in the direction that Caroline had led the others to.

Suddenly, Rena caught a glimpse of platinum blonde hair. She squinted, stiffening as she recognized Lily. Her relieved smile faded when she noticed how tense Lily was standing, River and Caroline not looking much better. As they approached, they kept looking over their shoulders fearfully. Rena exchanged a glance with Camilla and saw that Camilla's eyes were dark with expectation. Together they stood stiffly, waiting for the group of three to arrive.

Rena opened her mouth to question them when they got closer, but Caroline put a slender finger over her pink lips, and Lily frantically shook her head. Frowning, Rena moved to the side and motioned them to go into the house. They rushed in, and Camilla stalked in after them. Rena gave one last look at the street, but seeing nothing array she followed the others in, closing the door behind her.

"What in Galassia is going on?" Rena demanded, her hands on her hips.

"We were on the border of the woods north of here, when River found something. While we were looking, some kind of... creature... appeared." Lily started to explain, smoothing down her wrinkled clothes.

"What did you find?" Camilla demanded, pinning River with a glare. Impressively, he didn't flinch.

"A path," he said, "Broken branches through the," he trailed off, looking at Caroline for some kind of answer.

"Through Pitzer Woods." Caroline finished, pulling off her cloak.

"And this." River reached into his pocket and pulled out a scrap of red cloth. "It was right on the border of the woods."

Meredith had joined them in the living room, and silently took the cloth from River to inspect it. As she did so, Rena turned back to Lily.

"What do you mean creature?" Rena's gaze pierced Lily as she waited for an answer.

"It was definitely an animal. But not a normal one." River responded before Lily could say anything, "And Lily here thought it would be a good idea to try and fight it." He finished glaring at Lily. She glared back but didn't say anything.

"Demons?" Camilla asked them, "Did you hear anything, smell anything strange..?"

"No," Lily shook her head, "That wasn't a demon." Her voice trailed off as she glanced at Meredith and Caroline before focusing on Rena. "I think..." Lily took a deep breath, "I think it was a feral werewolf."

Rena's heart stopped. Werewolves? There were werewolves in this world too? On top of that, a feral one?

"Are you sure it was a feral one?" Rena asked urgently. Lily nodded in response.

"I'd never forget the sound of a feral werewolf." Lily responded, looking down at the ground.

Camilla's frown somehow deepend. "Are there feral werewolves in your world? In ours, they are just like anyone else."

"Yeah, we have two types of werewolves. The ones who still have their humanity, and the ones who go feral." Rena explained. "The ones who go feral are the ones who get taken over by bloodlust, they lose all reasoning."

If the information scared her, Camilla's body didn't show it. She just rubbed her jaw, thinking.

"Is there any way to stop them?" Camilla finally asked.