The moon slowly popped back. Jungkook laughs, remembering their old innocent times.

He opens his eyes and stands up, walking towards the sandbox. He sits down and glides his fingertips to the cold sand. He started humming the song and laid back at the pole beside him.

He slowly drifted to sleep.

Not many hours later he was awoken by a phone call. "Hello?" The woman behind the phone said. "Hello?" He replied with a raspy voice due to sleeping. "Is this Jungkook?" The woman asked worriedly. "Yes. Who is this?" He replied. "Mrs. Kim. Yeona's Aunt. Can you please come over?"

"Yes of course. But for what reason?" Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. "Just come over." Mrs. Kim hung up. He was quite confused but prefer to not ask. He stood up and placed his bag on his right shoulder as he pulls up his hood. He started walking back to their neighborhood.

He arrived at her house at about 12:15 am. Their house was still well lit. This confused him since Yeona's family rarely stays up this late. He walked towards their front door and rang the doorbell.

"Mrs. Kim?" He peeked through the window. "Oh yes Jungkook come in" Mrs. Kim offered. Her eyes were puffy and looked like she's been crying. Jungkook started sweating, afraid and confused on what's happening. He hesitantly stepped in.

"Follow me." Mrs. Kim walked upstairs while wiping her face. "Mrs. Kim? Is everything okay?" He asked out of concern. Silence answered his question. That made him even more concerned. At the end of the hallway, she opened Yeona's door.

"Yeona..." Mrs. Kim makes way for Jungkook to step in. His eyes widen. Yeona is laying down on her bed, smiling at him. "Y-Yeona?!" Jungkook tears up. Yeona looked so yellow and weak. "Jungkook..." Yeona said, almost whispering due to lack of energy.

Jungkook runs towards to his fragile friend. "No...You're not gonna.." He kneels down in front of her. "Yes I am you dummy" Yeona chuckles. "You're not going to die right?" Jungkook holds her cold almost freezing hands. Jungkook gasps in surprise.

"I don't know, Kook." Yeona's voice breaks. "You were literally fine earlier! Is this some kind of a joke?!" Tears fell from his eyes. Jungkook felt his world collapsing. Yeona was his world. He couldn't stand her feeling sick. She was his hope and sunshine in everything.

"Can someone explain?!" Jungkook raises his voice in sadness and confusion. He felt a tap on his shoulder. He looks back at Yeona who slowly removed her wig. "No...This is- I'm just dreaming." Jungkook aggressively shakes his head, hoping to wake up. Not knowing that he is living reality.

"How do I look?" Yeona smiles and rubs her hairless head. "You look beautiful, as always" Jungkook smiles, realizing that he's not dreaming. "Since when did you keep this from me?"

"Since last year. My family just didn't have any money to send me to a better hospital. I mean I really don't want them to sell everything just to make me live longer. I'm going to die anyways so what's the point, right?"

"What?! Are you hearing yourself?! You can't just give up like that! Think about me and your family!" Jungkook cried out. "They respect my decision, Kook. I'm happy with my decision." Yeona looks at her parents with tears blurring her sight.

Jungkook didn't know what to do, or to say. He wanted her to be happy. Even if it costs his.