Flashback

(This is my own AU, Please don't @ me) 

3 years ago, random rooftop. 

A 12 year old greenet stood, feet away from his hero with tears in his eyes.

"Do......do you believe that a person with a "Useless" quirk can be a hero?" The "Hero looked back with a blank look in his eyes. "No.... it would be impossible." And with that, the "Hero" left, shattering the few broken pieces of the boys heart. Hurtful words swarm through his head-   "Weak Deku!" "Cat Freak!" "You'll never be a hero!" "You wanna be a hero that bad? I've got a time saving idea for you. If you think you'll have a good quirk in your next life....and go take a swan dive off the roof!!" The boy sniffles, and looks off into the distance. "I guess I can't be a hero after all." 

The normally optimistic, bright eyed kid walks home, head hanging, eyes downcast. When he gets home, his mom runs to him and hugs him. "Izuku, sweetie? You alright?" Izuku wipes his eyes and fakes a smile. "Yeah mom! I met allmight today!" She gasps. "Really sweetie? Thats wonderful!" Izuku smiles sadly. "Yeah.....I'll be in my room ok?" His mom smiles widely, believing he's happy. "Alright! We're having Katsudon for dinner, be down by 7!" Izuku nods and walks to his room. He sits in the middle of the room, feeling sad and empty. The sorrow soon turns to rage, and in his fury he ripped down all his All Might posters, throwing them away. He falls to his knees, and breaks down in tears. After bawling his eyes out, he looks up at his All Might clock, and jumps up excited when he sees its 6:15pm, the time when Present Mic's radio show is on. He fumbles to get his phone and earbuds out. He clicks the link, and soon he hears a loud energetic voice.

"HEYYYYY LISTENERS! Like I said yesterday, todays the day to call in with questions! And with me today, is my VERY DEAR friend, SHOUTA AIZAWA!" There was silence, then a monotone voice said "Hi." Izuku laughed, he KNEW it was eraserhead, and damn he sounded dead inside. He didn't make those analysis books for nothing. He knew who most underground heroes were, and he admired Eraserhead the most out of all of them. He basically fought quirkless!  

"Come on shouta- don't be a downer! Alright listeners, call this number,  ask or say anything! *Insert random number*  Remember, we will not be broadcasting the conversation unless you want to."

Izuku looks at his phone for a bit, then his faces brights up. He calls the number....

"Helloooo Listener! What's your name?!"

"I-izuku."

"Well hi Izuku! Tell me, is this your first time on with us?

"Yes it is!"

"A newcomer! Great!"

"Er... I have a question for you."

"Ask away! I'll answer to the best of my ability!"

"Do you... do you think anyone can be a hero? Even if they have a weak quirk?" There was silence as Hizashi thought. Izuku gulped, wondering if he made the right choice.

"Of course they can! Anyone can be a hero if they work hard enough. I'm sure you'll be an excellent hero!" Tears of joy rolled down Izuku's face.

"Th-thank you!"

"Anytime listener! Have a FANTASTIC night!" Izuku hangs up, smiling. He runs downstairs to his mom. "Hey mom?" His mother looks up from stiring the food. "Yes Izuku?"  "Can I have some Present Mic merchindise?" His mother beams. "Of course! And the Katsudon is ready." She hands him the plate. "Can I eat on the roof?" Inko looked at her son, confused. "Why exactly?"