Chapter 11

Moving in.

"So, which room should I take?" Jin asked as he sat next to me at the kitchen table, we had just gotten back to the house after dropping everyone off at the airport.

"Whichever one you want" I shrugged "you'd get the most privacy if you take the room on this floor, but you can have any room you want" 
He nodded "well, I don't need privacy, and honestly I'd probably feel better sleeping closer to you and Ellie, in case anything ever happens, can I take the room next to yours?"
I laughed "of course, I told you any room you want, it's yours" 

"Is Ellie allergic to anything or have any medical issues?" he asked after a minute of silence

"Nope" I shook my head "and she's not a picky eater either" 
"Good, I don't want to make her sick if I cook anything or she asks me for snacks and stuff" 
"Thank you for asking, I honestly didn't even think of that" 
"Of course, I love kids, but I have like zero experience with them" he laughed "so I'm trying to make sure I don't mess up"
"You'll be fine" I smiled "she's a kid, but she's also a bit mature for her age and a bit more independent. Liza watches her here when I'm working so she'll be around a lot"
"I wanted to talk to you about that actually" 

My chest tightened. 

I didn't want him to tell me about his crush on Liza. 

"I'm off on weekends, and Tuesdays, and every other Thursday. So I figured if you're working on those days, I can just hang out with Ellie if she wants and that way Liza gets more time off too" 

I don't know why I felt so relieved
Or jealous in the first place. 

"Oh, you don't have to do that Jin"
"I want to. You're helping me out in the biggest way possible, it's just something I feel like I can do for you in return. Besides, Ellie and I get along really well, so as long as she's okay with spending that time with me, I'm all for it" 
"I'll text Liza first and see how she feels, and then we'll bring it up to Ellie and see if she's okay with it" I nodded and pulled out my phone shooting a message to Liza 
"Awesome! I'm gonna go move my stuff from your room to the other"
"Okay" I smiled as he walked up the stairs, I walked into the living room and smiled at Ellie as she watched her shows with all of her toys, she sang along to her favorite songs and bobbed her head as she ate a fruit snack. 

"Hey El?" 
"Yeah mommy?"
"We need to talk about Uncle Jinnie moving in" 
"Okay" she smiled "I'm excited!" 
"I know you are" I chuckled "but I need you to listen okay?"
"Okay"
"He's moving into the room next to mine, and I know you're excited about having him here but you can't pester him okay? Knock on his door, don't just run in and out, don't wake him up super early in the morning, and just try to give him some privacy okay?"
"I know mommy" she smiled 
"I figured you did, you're a smart cookie, but I just wanted to double check" I smiled as I brushed her bangs away from her face 
"Does that mean I can't play video games in his room? Or bring him my toys to play?"
"You'd have to ask him, it's his room and his time" 
"I'm always down for video games!" Jin chimed in as he hit the last step and came into the living room 
"Awesome!! Get ready to get your butt kicked!" 
They both laughed as he sat down on the other side of her 
"Can we have sleepovers too?"
"That's up to mommy, but I don't care if you want to watch movies in my room and have movie nights" 
"Mommy?"
"Movie nights are fine" I smiled 
"Yes!!!!" She wiggled in her seat "me and Liza have movie nights all the time! Now I can have them with uncle Jinnie!" 
"I look forward to it kiddo" he smiled as he ruffled her hair 

I smiled as he let her talk his ear off about movies and all the fun they would have playing video games and how excited she was to have someone new to play with. I got a text back from Liza

Liza: awww that's so sweet of him to offer! As long as Ellie is okay with it so am I! I wouldn't mind having some extra studying time here and there. As long as she doesn't think I don't want to see her, I love her too much to upset her. Just let me know! And tell Jin thank you! 

"Jin?"
"Hmm?" He looked up from the video Ellie was showing him 
"Liza said she's okay with it" 
"With what?"
I raised my eyebrows and glanced over at Ellie 
"Ooooh!" He exclaimed as he turned in his seat "hey Ellie, I have to ask you something" 
"Okay uncle Jinnie but can it wait until the video is over? This is the good part" 
"Sorry kiddo, I'd really like to ask you" 
"Okaaaaaay" she whined with a pout as she paused the video 

"So, I know Liza watches you for mommy, but I have a few days a week where I'll be here, so I was wondering if it was okay with you that I watch you instead?"
"Sure" she shrugged "can I watch the video now?" 
"Sure" I laughed as Jin and I walked into the kitchen 

"That was easier than I thought" he said as he sat down with a glass of juice 
"Why would it not be?" I chuckled 
"I don't know" he shrugged "I kinda thought..maybe she only wanted me to be uncle Jinnie because I was friends with Yoongi, but I want both of you to like me and be comfortable with me, for me. Not because of Yoongi" 
"She doesn't see it that way at all, I swear. And neither do I! You're a sweetheart Jin" I smiled 

Who knew a man as confident as Jin could be so self conscious? 
He questions everything he says or does when it comes to Ellie and I. 
I want him to relax and feel at home here. 

"I want you to relax and be comfortable here. As long as you don't cut up one of her stuffed animals or tell her princesses aren't real you'll never upset her. And as long you don't finish all of the coffee in the house, we won't have any issues either" I laughed making him laugh and nod his head 
"Okay okay, I'll try to stop over thinking it" 
"Good" I ruffled his hair just like I do to Ellie and walked away with a smile on my face. 

What I didn't see was the big ass smile on his face and the blush creeping up on his ears, neck, and face.