Chapter 3

When mother and father went out for their usual morning walk, Doomie set out to explore Blackwater. The huge piano room was decorated with beautiful tapestries of cloudy sunsets and purple velvet curtains; huge windows illuminated silver chandeliers and family portraits placed almost without order on the walls. The piano was black and brilliant, crooked at that time, but before it was used by her grandmother to interpret the most beautiful melodies.

The corridors were infused with the essence and Grandma Gloomie's personality, always with the delicate and unique decor, artwork and upholstery flowery. Finally, after having gone through all the rooms (and stopped for a snack in the kitchen), arrived at the mansion library, which was just side of the room that used to be her grandmother's.

She couldn't believe how beautiful everything looked, it was as if she herself would have already been there, she felt free and happy in that place.
There were two huge windows through which the sunlight it touched laterally the tall black shelves carved with flowers; in the center of the room was a small table holding a vase of dried flowers, a bookmarks container, ink, pen, paper and several books that were off the shelves. Everything was covered in a fine layer of dust and always
that aroma of fresh roses was present.

The wall in front of the bookshelves was covered with a hand-painted tapestry of cloth, depicting a scene from "Romeo and Juliet" by William Shakespeare, in which Romeo goes up on the balcony to declare his love for Juliet.

But without a doubt what mattered most about the place were all the books. There were hundreds of them of all kinds of authors and places, although Grandma Gloom had a preference for mysterious and romantic novels or even with one that another ghost, just the way Doom liked it. Among all the books that there were, Doomie could see works
by Russian authors such as Tolstoi or Chekhov, Oscar Wilde stories , Alice in Wonderland, Edgar Allan Poe, Shelley's poems and of course, many and very beautiful editions of "Wuthering Heights."

Doomie didn't really know how long she was exploring the library, looking at book covers, reading a couple of short stories and picking up some books to read later.

At nightfall and after having brought several books to her room in anticipation of its prompt reading, Doomie came down to dinner with her parents, and surprised how different she seemed to feel, as if was attached to the library, to that place, to the mansion, as if she could be closer to her beloved grandmother.

.