Chapter 5

The stay at Blackwater was over. The parents of
Doom woke up very early in the morning because
they had to start the journey home. they had tea
and the oats as they always did, they ran the last errands, packed up what little was missing and made sure they had all the property documents ready and in order.

They were going to sell the mansion to a wealthy young woman in a few weeks The mansion turned out to be boring and meaningless for them and they wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. They should call Doom to have breakfast and be ready to travel.

They called her like they did every morning, yet
after waiting a few minutes for her to come down, she didn't and it was very strange because normally Doom came to the table as soon as she was called.

Father and mother went, upset, to their daughter's room to scold her slightly for not obeying. But they took a big surprise to discover that Doomie was not there.

                                                      * * *

They searched everywhere, in every corner of Blackwater Manor, but Doomie was nowhere to be found. She never did. She was gone.

Her parents canceled the sale of the mansion, because something told them that in that place was the answer, maybe one day their daughter would return.

                                                     * * *

In Gloom Westenra's room everything remained
the same, the flowers on the walls, the paintings in their frames.

"Wuthering Heights" was back in place, the flowers
that Doomie had brought were in a vase near the perfume bottles. The picture frame was there, but the portrait had changed.

The portrait no longer showed Grandma Gloom in her youth, now the picture frame showed a female hand holding a scarlet chandelier and a hand a
little smaller about to receive it. In the House of
Doomie, in what used to be her room, the scarlet chandelier that was on her bedside table
had disappeared.

THE END

.