Chapter Ten- The Race, part 4

Everest and Rex led them this time, with the husky leading them all first through the mountain, warning them about every dip and bump that she knew. It was a pretty quick ride before they reached a familiar turn where a cave with dinosaur carvings was waiting for them, and Rex sped up to take the lead.

"Pups, activate Dino Vehicles." Rex instructed the pups, which they obeyed.
The ride got wilder, but it was so much fun.

"This is just like riding a rollercoaster, only 10 times more fun." Rubble exclaimed as they went through the waterfall at the end of the tunnel.

And all the pups can't help but agree. No matter how many times they travel through that tunnel, it was always an amazing experience.

"Come on pups, let's make the most of this wild ride." Rex yipped to the other pups before he sped on the track through the jungle.

The pups eagerly followed his lead, howling with delight.

=======================

Miraculously, none of the challengers had a trick up their sleeves throughout the course of the Dino Wilds.

"They're probably distracted or terrified of all the Dinos here." Rubble joked, causing the pups to laugh.

"Maybe they ran out of dirty tricks." Zuma guessed and everyone hummed in agreement.

But Chase wasn't convinced. Not one bit. He believed in the calm before the storm. And he wasn't gonna let his team get in trouble.

"Still pups, keep your eyes open. I have a feeling they're not done." Chase warned them.

Chase was  their leader for a reason for almost every mission, especially when Ryder wasn't around. He always had the greatest instincts when it comes to trouble. And they all knew better than to ignore his words.

==========================

"Rex, you live here?" Tracker asked the Bernese Mountain Pup excitedly as they raced through the Dino-inhabited jungle.

"Yes. I do live here. Amazing, right?"

"It's beautiful." Ella gushed.

"It's amazing!" Everest did the same.

"It's always an amazing sight no matter how many times we come here." Marshall said.

"Yeah, it's like we're seeing it for the first time and it's always so incredible." Chase added.

"Not as incredible as Rex can talk to Dinosaurs." Rocky threw in.

"Really? You can talk to Dinosaurs? Can we see?" Tuck asked him on behalf of his sister, Everest, and Tracker.

"I sure can. And maybe later after the race, if Ryder and Dr. Turbot are okay for a quick visit here later." Rex smiled happily at how his new friends love his home and his abilities.

"Awesome." The four pups cheered -well all the pups cheered really.

"Hey, look! We're coming up on the Dino Tower!" Rubble informed them.

"The Dino Tower?" Ella, Tuck, Everest and Tracker asked, confused.

Their question was quickly answered once they saw this amazing rugged and wild-looking lookout tower that was in the middle of a large clearing in the Dino Wilds.

"It's so cool!" The twins said in awe as they passed it.

"Can we see it later during the visit, por favor?" Tracker asked Rex.

"Sure. The tour wouldn't be complete without it." Rex yipped.

"Hey, isn't the Dino Care Center a few feet from the Tower?" Skye asked Rex.

"It is. And don't worry, we'll go there later as well." Rex promised as they made that final turn which leads back to tunnel home.

==============================

When they made it out of the tunnel, they switched their vehicles back to rescue racer mode. Everest and Chase were leading them, with Everest helping them race down the mountain smoothly and safely and Chase leading the team towards the homestretch.

"Keep your eyes open pups. We're out of the wilds and back on the smooth track. Anything can happen. Be ready." Chase reminded them as they race through the city before entering the racetrack for the homestretch.

And he was right. All the challengers had one more trick up their sleeves. It was an electrocution device designed to make any car malfunction. Each of them made one as a last resort. And they were gonna use it on the PAW Patrol.

Unfortunately for the pups, they were too late to avoid the devices and it caused their cars to malfunction. Yet, unfortunately for the challengers, a miracle happened and the devices just propelled their racecars faster down the track that they can barely keep up.

And as if that wasn't enough, another miracle happened when all the pups crossed the finish line together at the exact same time because of that malfunction. The photo finish even caught it. All of them crossed the finish line together down to the last milisecond.

Needless to say, it angered all the challengers that their last fool proof plan to win the race backfired. And they left huffing and puffing that they lost because of their own mistake.

The pups on the other hand were pretty dizzy and still recovering from that big rush of speed that gave them all whiplash.

"Who won?" Marshall asked, still trying to get his vision straight.

"All of you!" Ryder said to them proudly.

"All of us?" All 11 pups asked, confused.

"It was nothing short of a miracle, but still pretty cool." Ace said.

"Yeah. All you 11 pups crossed that finish line together at the exact same time!" The Whoosh told them.

"That would be correct. Right down to the last milisecond. The high speed cameras of Captain Horatio Turbot can confirm that." Lionel added.

"How did that even happen?" Chase asked.

"We don't know. But it is a good thing you won instead of the challengers. The Humdingers were planning a really weird party that really spooked the Mayor out." Jake just said.

And everyone laughed at that.

The pups saved the day again. And as a reward, they didn't just get a party and parade in their honor, they also got to visit the Dino Wilds all together that same day. Just as Rex had promised.
Ryder looked at all 11 pups that were playing around the jungle of the Dino Wilds. And he honestly never felt happier than seeing all the pups together. This was definitely gonna happen again. And he can't wait for the next adventure these 11 pups have together.

🎉 You've finished reading A Paw Patrol: Ready, Race, Rescue! Story- The Adventure Bay Pup 500 Charity Race 🎉