Chapter 27 - Amanda

I look at my email and smile. I did it!

I went from my small apartment to the nearest florist. I Bought a bouquet of sunflowers and  I went to the cemetery.

Jessica Nicole Lewis.

"Hi mom... I hope daddy Billy is with you" I put the bouquet in front of the gravestone. "I got a job in LA. I'm going back to LA. Wish me luck, okay?" I smile. "Did you know Connecticut isn't my lucky town? It feels everything went wrong here. I hope LA can bring back my happiness and everything. By the way you don't have to worry about me. I already contacted Elize earlier. She said she will help me with the move." I exhale. "I can't wait to come back to LA" I caress the gravestone. "Wish me luck mom, dad. I miss you two so much" I kiss mom's gravestone. "I'll be fine mom" I whisper.

***

I come out from the airport and inhale deeply. I look up at the California sun. God I missed this...

"Amy!" Someone screams my name. I look at the voice.

"Elize!" I run to her and hug her "I missed you"

She hugs me tightly "I missed you too!"

We both look at each other and giggle happily.

"Come on!" She takes my arm. I push the trolley and we walk together to her car.

I look at her. She looks so pretty. With her still italian look, her brunette hair now longer than 6 years ago, her makeup is perfect, she is still a small woman, not the most petite one, her tanned olive skin looks perfect. She is wearing big sunglasses and a bright yellow dress. She is more feminine now. Elize 6 years ago often wore jeans and t-shirts.

"Wow" I whistle. Amy is driving a green Lamborghini.

"Ssh!" She laughs and we put my luggages together. She drives us to my new apartment. We update each other's lives. She's been constantly coming to Connecticut. Except 4 years ago when she had family business back in Italy for a year. After that she continued to visit me every half a year.

"Did Tony know you come back here?" She asks

I abruptly stop and look at her. She looks at me "what?"

She doesn't know about new year encounters with Tony. The last time we talked about Tony, I was (am) still in love with him and I was hoping we could be back together one day.

"C'mon Amy, it's not like you ever move on from him" she grins

"I have to," I say firmly.

"Why?" She looks at me with a frown.

I tell her about the new year eve. "What the hell?" She says angrily. "What is wrong with him!" Her voice is rising now.

I shrug. "I have no idea, Elize. But he isn't important anymore. I don't want to talk about him anymore"

"Okay. No more Tony! Go to hell you Tony Lockwood!" She screams. I laugh. I forgot this is LA and Elize opened the car's roof. "Go to hell you Tony!" I scream with her. Her car moves smoothly on LA street.

***

I look at myself in the mirror. First day at work. I'm wearing my power suit. Red a-line dress with black blazer and black stilettos. I inhale deeply. It's time for me to create my own path in my hometown. You can do it, Amanda Nicole Lewis!

I walk to the door and stop abruptly. What the... I didn't remember I brought this too. A picture of me and Tony at Miami back then. I take the frame and put it facing down. Go to hell, Tony Lockwood!