Chapter 5: STORY TIME?

*KEIGO POV*

'Finally, I found you Hatsume. I'll make you pay for all the torment you put me through and that all starts now. It was no coincidence that I landed in this school, oh no it definitely was not I can assure you that. I looked up every student in every school in Japan on the internet and I finally found you. After 3 long months of searching I finally found you. Let the games begin. Ahahahaha'

*HATSUME POV*

'Dammit Keigo, are you still hell bent on getting revenge on me over somethings that happened in middle school, arghh.' I thought as Keigo started her story.

*KEIGO POV*

"It started 3 years ago. I was the most popular girl at Kyoto Municipal Nakagyō Junior High. I had the look, the voice, the brains and the athletic ability. Everyone praised me. The boys, girls, teachers, you name it. I loved that high life. I made many friends as well. Life was a dream, an amazing dream before she came. Mei Hatsume. I figured she'd just be a foolish girl who was terrible at everything like any other new kid at a school, but no. I was poorly mistaken. That first week of school me and my friends decided to play a prank on Hatsume girl here. We were going to write a math test the following day and so we had a hidden Hatsume's math book hoping we could get a laugh out her failing."

"Wait, you guys were the ones that tool my book?"

"Yeah, so what? I'm still talking.

As I was saying, we stole her book in hopes of her demise. The next day on the day of the test, we were writing our test and I couldn't help but giggle at the thought of her drastically failing her test but when he had a received our results back, I was beyond shocked.

1. Keigo Sakura     : 50/50

2. Sosuke Manabu: 49½/50

3. Hatsume Mei     : 47½/50

4. Kurasaki Hinata: 43/50

5. Suzuki Satō         : 38/50

(etc.)

It was so confusing it infuriated me. How the hell did she not get a failing grade?! I walked over to her and asked her how she studied? She responded "I didn't. Just wrote down what I knew."
It was clear to me she would be my obstacles in this class, matter or fact, in the entire school. Later that week on Thursday we changed for Phys Ed. We all headed to the swimming pool, a field I was quiet skilled in, 3rd only to Manabu and Satō. Coach Ichika was assembling those who were going to race in an under 30 seconds race from the shallow side of the pool to the deep and back to the shallow. As soon as coach blew the whistle we dived and swam. As usual I was behind Satō and Manabu but that didn't faze me because I was better than them at practically anything else.

I swam heart out and something had caught my eye that just got my mind pitch black blank. Hatsume had tied with Satō, the fastest swimmer in the class and even though I refused to believe it, it looked like Hatsume was going to beat Satō. At the end of the race Hatsume came 1st with 16.53 seconds, Satō in 2nd with 17.09 seconds, Manabu at 3rd place with 20.24 seconds and me at a distance of 23.91 seconds. I saw my friends in the distance, jaw dropped with suprise that the new girl was soon to become a popular figure, something that I could not allow.

After school it was time to go home. I got home and thought hard how she managed to pass her test and beat Satō in a swimming race. 'She probably cheated on that test' was what I thought but I never saw anything to cheat with and that I'm definitely sure of. Was she just that smart? That was math we had just learned that week. I decided to get her off my mind and read my favourite book.