Chapter Eight

To say Jackie had a spring in her step was an understatement, she’d spent the night bonding over crappy movies and nonsense girl talk with Teddy and Donna.

Teddy was considering dying the dark stubble on her head and after Donna saw her piercing’s (yeah…not just her nose!) the redhead had contemplated getting one as a statement and because well, they looked so cool.
It was just a normal slumber party.

It was strange.

In the best freaking way you can imagine.

Jackie had never dared dream she’d feel this way again.

Calm.

At ease.

Happy.

…not with Donna Pinciotti of all people.

Then to top it all off her check came in early, meaning she could finally buy some new outfits for Christmas.
Oh, and gifts, obviously.

Then of course there was our fiery haired Amazonian, Donna had spent those last few weeks on the outskirt of Jackie’s life, and in that time so much seemed to have changed, Jackie changed.

I mean sure she was still vain and mean and kind of bossy, but something was different, the midget somehow seemed more… mature?

That hurt.

Not that Jackie had grown up so much in such a fleeting time, but that Donna had missed it…

And she didn’t even know why.

Why had Jackie doubted their friendship?

Why didn’t she trust her anymore?

Why had she started looking at her like she was waiting to be smacked in the mouth?

Why did Donna feel a dark pang of guilt when she saw her best friend flinch?

Donna had all these questions and no answers, I mean sure she was dying to ask but after last night… I mean they just got back to being friends, could she really risk it?

“Donna are you even listening?” Jackie crossed her arms with an arched brow and a tap of her heel, balancing her shopping and overnight bag over her small frame.

“Yeah, um, sure you said something about shoes…”

“Eh-err! I’m afraid that’s a wrong answer!” Teddy
mimicked a game show announcer around a mouth full of twinkie.

Clearly enjoying the little show.

“Donna! I said we should get manicures and our hair done for Stevens party tonight. God if you want to look like last months Cosmo reject then fine, why do I even bother?” Jackie stormed off towards the salon with a snap on her hips.

A few weeks ago, Donna would have answered that question with an annoyed eye roll, now? Now she was just kind of happy to hear that high pitched aggravated tone.

It was like everything was back to normal again.
“Donna? We’re waiting!”

Donna couldn’t help but smile, jogging towards her friends.