Chapter 3

The rescue half of the exam was simple: evacuate the civilians and set up a first aid station.  Sounded pretty easy, right?

     "Do I look okay to you?!  First, you need to check whether or not I can walk!  My breathing was weird, too, right?  And I'm bleeding pretty badly on my head!  Those with provisional licenses should be able to take in the victim's condition in an instant and act based on that!  Points off!"  An H.U.C. member shouted at a startled Iida.

     Iida gulped, completely overwhelmed.  "I see then."

    Turning to his classmates who were standing awkwardly nearby, he addressed them, "I'll carry this kid to the first aid area.  You guys go on ahead!"

     They nodded and left, and Iida testily kneeled down and lifted the 'boy' onto his back.  "It'll be okay now, my friends will save your grandpa.  They'll definitely save your grandpa!"

     "Stop repeating the same thing over and over again!"  The 'boy' scolded loudly. 

     "I'm sorry!  It'll be all right, it'll be all right!"

     "Can't you say anything else?  You're horrible at this!"

     "I'll save you!  I'll definitely save you!"

     "Enough all ready!"

     Yeah, it wasn't as easy as it sounded.

--

     "Hey, Bakubro, wait up!"  Krishima called, grinning nonchalantly at Bakugo's glare.

     "Shut it, Shitty Hair!  Who asked you and Dunce Face to follow me anyways?!"  Bakugo seethed, marching up on the mountain rescue zone stiffly.  

     "Help us!  S-Someone!"  A voice echoed from below.  Kirishima and Kaminari peered over the edge to find an elderly couple clutching at their arms.

     "I've hurt my arm!"  The elderly lady wailed, followed by a "Help!  It hurts!" from the elderly man.

     "Shut up!  Save yourselves!"  Bakugo screamed angrily.  

     "Huh?!" Everyone else gasped, completely baffled at Bakugo's attitude.  

     "You're sticking too close to your own style!" Kaminari berated.

     "They might really be hurt!" Krirshima added on.

     "No... We're supposed to be victims with minor injuries who are supposed to be low priority rescues." The woman murmured to the man.

     "Could he have figured that out in an instant, telling us to move by yourselves?" The man asked the woman.  

     "No way... They took it in a way that makes it sound totally okay..." Kaminari observed, following Kirishima as he vaulted off the cliff side to where the couple were.  

     "We'll take you someplace safe." Assured Kirishima.

     "Yeah!" Kaminari confirmed.  

     "But that tone of voice was inappropriate." The man pointed at Bakugo, giving him the stink eye along with the woman.  "Minus points."

     Bakugo slowly turned his face around forcefully, a vein popping in his cheek as he full on glared at the couple.

     "What did you say?!" Bakugo roared, both eyes twitching angrily.  

     The couple screeched in terror and clung to each other for dear life.

--

     "I'll make a road and a helicopter landing area for now." Nagamasa declared, stepping backwards a few steps.

     "Yoarashi-kun, when Nagamasa-senpai clears that area, use your quirk to move the rubble away so that it doesn't fall on any civilians or get in the way of the rescue efforts!" Midoriya shouted to Yoarashi when he ran by, carrying someone in his arms.

     "Thank you for your advice, Midoriya-kun!  I will do as you suggested!" Yoarashi exclaimed, calling on his wind to fly the debris away from the remaining civilians, clearing a path straight to the first aid area while doing so.

     Midoriya tipped his head in acknowledgement and continued to the first aid area.  Something doesn't feel quite right here.  I find it hard to believe that they would judge future heroes simply on rescue.  Maybe they'll throw something else in and force us to multitask simultaneously?

     That seemed the most likely.  It would also match with the Kamino Incident since heroes were forced to fight off All For One while saving the civilians.  Wait.  Fighting?  A thought struck him.

     We'll probably have to fight again at some point during this exam.  I should go warn everybody.  

     After dropping off the H.U.C. member at the first aid area, Midoriya hurried to get back.  

     "Hey, I think we'll have to fight again sometime during this exam!  Remember Kamino?  I suspect they're going to release mock villains that we have to defend against whilst continuing the rescue efforts.  Please be careful!"  Midoriya warned, climbing over the rubble to pick up an H.U.C. member dressed in baby clothing. 

     "Thank you for your warning, Midoriya." Nagamasa acknowledged, helping Inasa clear the space for more 'injured and trapped' civilians to be rescued.  "Inasa, don't do anything reckless."

     "I won't, senpai!"

     "Hey, I'm going to take you somewhere safe now, okay?" Midoriya smiled warmly as he picked her up.  "Uppity up!  There!  Now, let's go!"

     Dashing off again, Midoriya made a little small talk with the H.U.C. member, asking if she was alone and such.  Information was so very valuable, no matter in what circumstances.

--

     Not even ten minutes after Midoriya gave his warning, Gang Orca blew out the side of the stadium with his henchmen.  Kneeling on the rubble, Gang Orca was a sight to behold.

     "Rescue and fighting." Gang Orca growled, opening his eyes.  "Can you do everything at the same time?" 

~~

It's a bit shorter than normal, I'm sorry.  But school's started!  Yay...! 

;-; Save me please-