Chapter 4

From behind him, Gang Orca's subordinates dashed out from the hole in the wall, nimbly navigating over the rubble to reach the first-aid area.  A single student rushed out to stop them.

     "Get everyone to safety!" Shindo ordered quickly, not faltering in his sprint towards the villains.  "Toward the back!  Get them as far away from the villains as possible!"

     Once he was just far away enough for the H.U.C. members to not get hurt, he slammed his palms down on the ground and activated his quirk.  "I'll keep hammering away at them with tremors at one-second intervals!"

     The villains flailed in the air as the ground beneath them suddenly split.  

     "I won't let them get close," Shindo muttered to himself.  Suddenly, Gang Orca appeared right before his eyes, flashing a quick hypersonic wave at Shindo.

     "Not good enough," Gang Orca tutted as Shindo collapsed on his back, paralyzed by the wave.

     "Only a single rear guard when there's this much of a difference in ability?  Looks like you were underestimating us.  I'm disappointed, are you all actually heroes? " Gang Orca reprimanded, stepping over Shindo's still body.  

     Eyes widening just a fraction, Gang Orca spun around and directed a hypersonic wave at the ice that formed while he had his back turned.  Todoroki was standing there with his foot firmly planted on the floor as he continued his onslaught of ice, also freezing the feet of the other villains after a few moments.  

     "Todoroki's so fast," marveled Mina, taking advantage of the distraction and rushing in to help with the evacuation along with Ojiro and Tokoyami.

     "Indeed, what a mad banquet of darkness," Muttered Tokoyami, his cape billowing behind him as he turned sharply and swerved towards a group of evacuating individuals, accompanied only by one other hero-in-training.

     "Hurry!" He urged, sweeping some of them up with Dark Shadow, "The darkness will not be held back for much longer, as blinding as the light may seem."

     "An attack like this is nothing!" Declared Gang Orca haughtily, breaking through another wave of ice.  Todoroki smirked to himself even as a cold breath of air slipped out around his mouth.

     "As expected of the number ten hero," He said approvingly.  His smirk turned into a frown when a large gust of wind blew towards him.

      "The passion!  It's exhilarating!  Please allow me to join you in your passionate face-off!" Yoarashi announced, another gust of wind blowing down.

     Todoroki gave a displeased look when the wind also broke the ice on the ground, effectively freeing the previously handicapped villains, although they did all go flying back, so maybe it was on purpose?  Either way, it doesn't matter.  I'm going to beat Gang Orca.

     "A villain attack?" Yoarashi continued on, completely oblivious, "You guys have prepared some hot developments!"  

     A smaller figure behind Yoarashi tapped his shoulders and whispered something into his ear.  Yoarashi nodded enthusiastically, and then they were both on the ground.  With a startle, Todoroki realized it was that quirkless student from Shiketsu.  The one that caused an uproar in the media and was apparently friends with this brute.  

     He was dressed in a dark outfit, not unlike Aizawa-sensei's, but with a cloak.  The most alarming thing Todoroki had noticed was the sheer amount of gadgets nestled on his utility belt.  Mido-something, wasn't it?  Hmph, as long as he doesn't get in my way, I can tolerate him.