Chapter 5

"81 points?!  Congrats, Midoriya!" Nagamasa praised.

     "Thank you very much, Nagamasa-senpai!  However, I did notice that Yoarashi-kun's name wasn't on the list.  Did.. did he fail?"  Midoriya asked quietly, holding up a hand to shield his mouth from said person.  

     "Unfortunately, yes.  Yoarashi likely had a lot of points taken off there at the end from the fight with Gang Orca."  Nagamasa sighed, turning his head to look at his junior.  "He did seem to realize that fighting with Todoroki was wrong though since he apologized.  I'm glad though.  It would be much more severe if this issue came up in the future during an actual villain attack."

     "Yes, I agree with you there, senpai.  Causing trouble with a fellow hero during a villain attack could mean even more casualties."  Midoriya nodded, pulling out his notebook now that the exam was over.  He carefully folded his score sheet and tucked it between the pages.

     The hero committee went back on the speakers, and Midoriya turned his attention to the announcement.  

     He let his lips curl up into a pleased smile when it was announced that those who had failed this time still had an opportunity to gain their provisional licenses by attending a three-month long course and passing the individual test.  

     Midoriya excused himself and jogged to Yoarashi.

     "You're going to attend the training course, right?"

     "Of course I am!  It was be SUPER foolish if I didn't!" Yoarashi responded enthusiastically, hand raised in a fist pump.

     "I wish you good luck on passing the test then, Yoarashi-kun!"  Midoriya sighed in relief.

     "Thanks, Midoriya!"

---

     Midoriya watched fondly as Yoarashi dashed across the path, apologizing to Todoroki in advance for still disliking him, and rushed back.  

     "Youth..." Midoriya breathed out.

     "You sound like an old man," Seiji tsked, inching away from him.  "Are you all right?"

     "Shush!  I'm just fine!" Midoriya responded indignantly, waving his hands in the air.

     "Whatever you say."  Seiji sighed despondently, shaking his head as he turned around.  "Just make sure to behave in a manner that represents our school the best, First Year Representative."

     "Of course, Seiji-senpai.  I shall do my best to represent Shiketsu as best as I can."  Midoriya bowed deeply.

     "Let's go," Nagamasa interrupted, nodding to the bus as he approached.  "We should get back soon."

     Everyone lined up and filed inside the bus, Yoarashi running up to join them at the last minute.

     Sitting down in his seat, Midoriya leaned against the window and watched as the bus pulled away, the exam center slowly retreating into the distance.

     An alert sounded from his phone, and he unlocked it, swiping to see who sent him the message.

GeniusHat: so how were my babies???  did you get to test them all out?!  tell me!

GreenMido:  Your babies helped a lot!  I got to test most of them this time, but there are a still that I didn't.  I'll drop by tomorrow and we test them out then?

     Sending the message, Midoriya turned his phone off and closed his eyes.

     Enhanced grappling hook... leg boosters... a few surprise gumballs... oh crap!

     Pulling out his phone, Midoriya hastily typed out another message. 

GreenMido: Okay, please don't be mad at me, but I think I might've forgotten to take the spider cuffs off of Gang Orca...

GeniusHat: You can't be serious 

You what?!

MY BABIES!!!

---

And that should be the end of this story.  Thank you for reading and sticking with this even when I didn't update for long periods of time!