ⓧ 𝐒𝐈𝐗 // 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

"You've got a second chanceYou could go homeEscape it allIt's just irrelevant"

You could go home
Escape it all
It's just irrelevant"

Medicine ~ Daughter

When Johanna finally came to, she had discovered almost immediately that she was paralyzed; unable to move, open her eyes, or speak. And for the next few minutes, she was able to hear everything and everyone —Logan being the most animated and... loud. Too loud for Johanna's senses. Which were now heightened, to say the least.

"You have to do something, Furball!" the voice, that sounded exactly like Logan, demanded harshly. "She needs to wake up!"

Johanna then heard a quick, warning growl.

"Watch yourself, Logan," a man ordered; still remaining calm. "I am doing the best I can. What she needs now is rest and time. Then, and only then, will she regain her strength."

"But—"

"Logan, please, listen to his counsel," another voice —a woman— interrupted.

Wait. Who the hell was that? Johanna thought. She didn't like the way she sounded. Too... throaty? Too... flirtatious? As if the woman had ulterior motives behind her "kind" demeanor, that was just a little too friendly.

"Just butt out, Red," Logan said coldly. "You don't understand."

Okay, so Logan hates her too...

"I may be able to understand, Logan, if you would just let us do our job! Just... don't worry," the woman —Red— then said soothingly, "we can help your friend—"

"You know she's more than just a friend, Red," Logan growled. "Get it through your damn skull! Now if you two would just hurry up with whatever the hell you're doing... then maybe

"For the love of God Almighty! Your major flaw, young man, is your lack of patience!" the man snapped.

After a brief moment of awkward silence, Logan began to chuckle. "Young man? Y'know that I'm older than you, right Hank?"

The man Logan called Furball —or more formally, Hank— let out a deep sigh.

"It is dire, Logan, that you remain patient. Not for me. Because I'm certainly not your mate. She is. Be patient... for her."

Oh, Jesus! There it was again! That word.

Mate.