ⓧ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 // 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

"Like a force to be reckoned withA mighty ocean or a gentle kissI will love you with every single thing I haveLike a tidal wave, I'll make a messOr calm waters, if that serves you bestI will love you without any strings attached"

A mighty ocean or a gentle kiss
I will love you with every single thing I have
Like a tidal wave, I'll make a mess
Or calm waters, if that serves you best
I will love you without any strings attached"

Two ~ Sleeping At Last

(A/N: Can I just say how much I LOVE this song??? When I first listened to it, I immediately thought Logan's love for Johanna! UGH it's so beautiful!)

The ride back to Salem was silent.

For Logan, because he was still trying to focus on calming the Wolverine —refraining from thinking of the many, unspeakable possibilities that could've happened; if Logan hadn't shown up just in time to get his mate.

As for Johanna? Well... she was just trying to control her emotions... and also her nausea —admiring the car's vintage interior that she really didn't want to ruin.

When Logan finally calmed, he spoke first.

"Ya sure yer okay, sweetheart?"

Noticing Johanna wince made his stomach sink. Logan could smell her fear trickling back, and he hated that he'd scared her. Cursing himself, Logan grit his teeth. The world is scary and messed up as it is, and he should be the last person Johanna is afraid of. But what Logan didn't know, was that Johanna was starting to dislike the word Sweetheart, remembering Mike and what had happened —and what could've happened— all over again. She'd eventually have to tell him to stick with a another nickname. Darlin sounded pretty nice.

"I'm okay, Logan," Johanna reassured him. "Really, I swear... I'm just... sorry. For everything," Johanna looked away, tears welling up in her eyes.

Logan's brows were furrowed, jaw clenched. He knew what everything had meant, taking him back to when she had stormed off earlier that day.

"Well... ya should be—" Logan grunted, shaking his head. "The Wolverine and I... we were really worried about ya."

Johanna frowned. "Oh... um... well... after what happened, I didn't think you would be worried. Or even care," she mumbled under her breath, staring at her hands.

Brows raised, Logan blinked deeply and scoffed. "Ya didn't think I'd ca— Darlin," Logan said slowly. "It's gonna take a lot more than a couple punches to the chest to make me give up on ya. Because other than Jean and Hank, I was the one who cared for you the most when you were in that coma. Sat at your bedside every day and night. Talked to ya. Read to ya. Even fell asleep a couple times in the infirmary." Logan cracked his neck —wincing as if he was recalling a bad memory. Even with his rapid healing, Logan was still cursed with gaining the occasional crick in his neck if he slept wrong.