Chapter 5- The Reunion

Stiles slide open the large, metal door to Derek Hale's loft. Surrounding the small table at the back of the room, were all his friends. They were so focused on their conversation, they didn't notice Stiles approach.

"Uh, Hey guy," Stiles announced.

Four heads quickly lifted from the maps and papers littering the area and onto Stiles. Scott quickly wrapped his arms around his best friends.

"I missed you too, but you are squeezing a little too hard."

Scott loosened his grip slightly and whispered into Stiles' ear, "I'm sorry."

When he was finally freed from Scott's hug Stiles asked, "Where's Lydia? Dad said she was here."

"She said she was on her way."

"Okay. So what do you have? Anything?"

"Not really," Scott answered. "We know someone broke in and let it out. We have no idea who it is, what it looks like. Do you have anything better?"
"Not better. Maybe worse."

"Okay? What is it," Malia impatiently interrupted.

"I didn't come alone. My team from the FBI is here and working on the case."

"Do they know anything?" Derek asked.

"No, but they are smart and their whole job is profiling, they are going to find something out. I've never told them anything, but they know something is up, and that it's related to me."

"Are you sure they think it's related to you?" asked Scott this time.

"Yeah. When my dad called me yesterday morning everything resurfaced. To sum it all up, I freaked out after accidentally falling asleep on the plane."

For the first time since he walked in, Scott noticed the dark circles under Stiles' eyes. He noticed how he held himself like he was exhausted, and the large coffee in his hand.

"It's okay," Scott said before Derek could beat him to it. "We'll figure it all out. Stiles come with me. I want to show you something."

Stiles followed Scott out of the loft and into the back parking lot, on the opposite side of the building from where Stiles had come in. As they drew closer Stiles could see what Scott was taking too.

"Roscoe!" Stiles exclaimed. "How is it?"

"Shitty as ever," Scott replied. "Come on hop in."

Stiles didn't wait from Scott to finish his sentence before opening the driver's side door and hoping in.

"God have I missed you."

"Seriously. You missed this piece of crap, when you drive those fancy black SUV's."

"Yes, Scott."

Both boys laughed.

"I missed you too, you know," Stiles added. "Talking on the phone isn't the same as being here with you."
"You have no idea how much I have missed your stupid snarky coments at everything I do. Are you okay?"

"No," Stiles admitted, He knew he couldn't lie to his best friend, let alone the fact that he was a werewolf and knew exactly when he was lying.

"You're not sleeping?"

"No. I can't sleep, Scott. Every time I close my eyes he's back, and every time I close my eyes I remember all the pain I caused..." Stiles' voice began to break.

"It wasn't you. You didn't and wouldn't ever do that. I know you."
"But it was me. I did it. I killed Allison and Aiden and so many more. He's still there inside my head."

"He's not. Stiles you are my brother, I know you like I know myself. You are scared and that's okay, but he's not back inside your head again. You keep telling yourself he is and because of that, he shows up. You need sleep."

"Scott. I Can't Sleep."

"You can, because I'm here now. You can because we all have your back. You can because you are strong."

Stiles stayed silent for a while.

"Let me take you home. We can get your car tomorrow."

"No need. I walked here."

"Wanna drive?" Scott asked, holding the keys to the old, baby blue jeep out to Stiles.

"Oh, I was going to drive no matter what," Stiles replied, snatching the keys from Scotts hand.

Stiles put the key into the ignition and turned. The car sputtered and stalled and Stiles tried again. After a few painful moments the car stirred to life.

"Ah, such a sweet sound." Stiles cooed.

                                                                    ***

Stiles pulled into the driveway of his childhood home. Scott and him hopped out of the jeep, slamming the doors behind them. Scott followed Stiles in the door and up the stairs to his room.

"Wow," Stiles said. "Nothing has changed." he ran his fingers across the clear glass of his old crime board, before plopping down on his bed.

"Seriously Stiles, I mean it. Get some sleep."

"I will."

Scott turned to go, but Stiles called out to him.

"Stay?" he said questionably. "Just so someone is here. Incase."

"You won't need me, but sure."

Scott moved back into the room and sat down in the chair at the bottom of Stiles bed.

"Thanks"

Stiles changed and got under the sheets on his bed. God this is so much better than a hotel, he thought. He closed his eyes and eventually drifted off into sleep.