Chapter 7- The Hale's

As Spencer and Stiles made their way out to the crime scene, Spencer spit facts like he normally does. "Even with a population of only 30,000 Beacon Hills has one of the highest crime rates in the country. It's also home to one of the oldest asylums. I'd actually like to see it."

"No you wouldn't," Stiles quickly responded.

"Why?"
"I'll explain later," Stiles answered as they pulled up to the crime scene.

Stiles and Spencer stepped out of the large SUV and made their way over to the body. Ducking under the yellow crime scene tape, they got the first view of the victim.

The officers had laid a tarp over the naked bottom half of a white male that was laid out on top of the dead leaves of the forest floor.

"Have you found the second half yet?" Reid asked the nearby officer.

"No, they are searching the nearby area."

"Is the girl who found him still here, we'd like to bring her in and talk to her."

"No, but I already had another officer take her to the station for you."

"Thank you," Reid replied, now moving toward the body. "Obviously the Unsub isn't remorseful, and based on the amount of blood he clearly has a secondary location where he does the killing. Stiles thoughts?"

"Huh," he asked.

"You good?"

"Yeah I just thought I saw something out there."

"What?"

"I don't know," Stiles answered, pulling the gun at his hip out of its holster. He began to move forward, farther into the woods.

Spencer did the same as he followed Stiles into the trees. As the two men drew farther into the forest, they split off, Stiles going right and Spencer going left. Spencer's footsteps had faded when someone jumped Stiles. They placed one hand over his mouth and applied pressure to his hand, causing him to drop his weapon, with their other.

"Stay quiet," a familiar voice warned.

"Damn it Derek," Stiles yelled in a whisper.

"I see you've moved on from baseball bats."

"And I see you've become more stupid. Why the hell would you walk onto a crime scene being investigated by the FBI. Who I should mention, you are WANTED by for MASS MURDER!"

"The second half of the body is that way," Derek Hale replied, pointing to the north.

"Thanks, but why didn't Scott come? He's not wanted by the FBI."

"He went to the station to meet with Lydia."

"Malia? Liam?"

"Does it really matter?"

Before Stiles could reply, Spencer's voice could be heard calling Stiles' name.

"Stiles, Are you okay?"

"I'm good. It's all clear over here," he quickly called out and then whispered, "Go!" to Derek.

By the time Reid rounded the corner and came into view, Derek Hale was gone.

"Come with me a second," Stiles told Reid.

"Where?"

"I want to check something."

Stiles led them north, in the direction Derek indicated the second half of the body to be. As they moved they scanned the area for signs of blood. They came into a small clearing with an old black and burnt house, on the steps leading to the fort door was the top half of the third victim's body.

"Is that the Hale House?" Spencer asked.

"Yeah. and that's our victims top half."

                                                                      ***

Rossi, Emily, and Morgan had arrived at Beacon Hills Memorial, where the morgue was located. They were taken to the basement by a nurse, Melissa McCall. They all gathered around the table as Melissa began to explain the state of the victims

"The Hemicorporectomy was the cause of death," Melissa notified the three agents, "but it wasn't the only damage. Both victims had bruising around their wrists."

"So he suspends them by their hands and then cuts them in half?" Morgan asked.

"Yes."

"Were there any other wounds? Defensive one?" Emily inquired.

"No, for the way they were killed, they were surprisingly clean."

"And the cut, it's a clean cut?" Rossi added.

"Yeah, they're both straight cuts."

"That takes a lot of strength," Morgan cut in, "especially if they were suspended with all their weight being pulled down. This guy has to be insanely strong to do this, on top of having a very sharp sword."

"Thank you," Emily told Melissa, and they headed out, back to the station.

                                                                   ***

When Stiles and Spencer returned to the station, the rest of the team was already back in the small conference room, mulling things over.

"Reid," Hotch started as soon as they stepped foot in the room, "I want you on a geographic profile. Rossi and I are going to interview Ms. Martin."

"Do you think this has to do with Derek Hale?" Garcia asked.

"Why do you think that?" Stiles asked.

"Looking at all the places the victim's bodies have been found, the bottom halves have been scattered around, but all the top halves have been found near the Hale House." Morgan added.

"Well, not what I was thinking, but that's good too. Kinda ties to what I have."

"What do you have?" Hotch quickly asked.

"A couple of years ago, half of a body was found, the bottom half. The top half was later found buried on the Hale House property. The victim was Laura Hale, Derek's sister. At first they had arrested Derek for the murder, but he was let go because they found evidence that the death was caused by an animal."

"What animal?"

"A wolf."