lockdown

Summary: When Sirius Black gains entry to the castle, the students are sent to the Great Hall for lockdown.

Warnings: just tons of fluff :)

House: Slytherin
Year: 3

A/N: if y'all couldn't already tell, this imagine is based off of that one scene in the Prisoner of Azkaban where everyone sleeps in the Great Hall. I just added a few extra details just to make this interesting lol. this is so fluffy and cute omg I cried

•••

You were sat in the Slytherin common room with your friend group; Pansy, Daphne, Millicent, Crabbe, Goyle, Theo, Blaise, and Draco. You had a particularly large friend group, but you loved it. You were a really close-knit group.

You and Draco were on the same couch, your feet rested on his lap as your head rested on the couch's armrest. Draco's legs were crossed and rested on the table near the couch. He was reading a random book that you didn't care to learn the name of.

You and Draco were good friends, and you have been since the very first day of school. Over the course of your friendship, you had become quite fond of the boy. In other words, you liked him.

You weren't sure whether or not he liked you back. The two of you teased each other quite a lot, which according to Pansy and Daphne, was a clear sign you'd make the perfect couple. You thought that was a load of rubbish. Just because someone teases you, doesn't mean they're into you. At least, that's what you believed.

"Crabbe, give it back, you git!" Goyle's yelling snapped you out of your thoughts.

Already amused, you looked over to the other couch to see what Goyle was yelling about. You snickered when you realized that Crabbe had stolen Goyle's shoe and was waving it around as Goyle kept trying to grab it back. You and Draco looked at each other, both shaking your heads at Crabbe and Goyle's childish behavior.

"Y/N, Crabbe took my shoe and he won't give it back!" Goyle whined, almost mimicking a child.

You were considered the mom of the group. It was quite ironic, considering you weren't particularly responsible. However, you were always there to keep everyone in place.

"Boys, behave, or I will ground you both," you jokingly warned before everyone, except the two chaotic boys, laughed at your half-joke.

"Fine," Crabbe huffed before finally giving Goyle his shoe back. Draco lightly nudged you with his elbow.

"You've got quite the influence on 'em, eh?"

"I guess I just have that effect on people," you said, smirking. Draco returned your playful smirk with one of his own.

"You sure do, princess." You narrowed your eyes and slapped his arm at the nickname he gave you. He often used it to tease you, as he knew you hated being called "princess." After all, you were a queen, not a princess.

Before either of you could say anything else, Professor Snape bursted into the room, causing everyone to divert their attention to him.

"Everyone, in the Great Hall, now," Snape declared in his usual monotone voice.

"Why?" Pansy asked as everyone started getting up and preparing to leave the common room. Snape ignored her question as he gestured us all to walk out ahead of him. Draco walked beside you.

"I wonder what it is this time," Draco said to you, rolling his eyes.

"It's probably nothing. I bet one of the first years went missing. Or there's an axe murderer on the loose," you said sarcastically, also rolling your eyes. Draco chuckled.

As you and the rest of the students continued your journey to the Great Hall, Draco's hand kept brushing against your's. Gaining confidence, you slipped your hand into his, causing you both to blush. You looked at each other and sheepishly smiled, before looking down again, still blushing.

Unbeknownst to you and Draco, the rest of your friend group walked behind you two, pointing at your intertwined hands and quietly snickering.

As you all walked into the Great Hall, you noticed numerous sleeping bags placed on the ground, covering almost the entire floor. There was only one path going down the middle of the large room.

With Draco's hand still holding yours, you and the other Slytherins made your way to a certain section of sleeping bags on your far right. You and Draco sat down in sleeping bags next to each other, the rest of your friend group following behind and sitting right near you two. You guys formed a haphazard circle when Millicent leaned in.

"So, I heard some people talking, and apparently Sirius Black somehow got into the school," she told your group.

"That's a load of rubbish. What would he want with us?" Blaise asked.

"Nothing. He's not after us, he's only after one person." It was silent for a moment.

"Notice how every time something bad happens, it's Potter's fault," Draco sneered, rolling his eyes. "He ruins everything."

"Agreed." We all laughed before Professor McGonagall's voice rang through the Great Hall.

"Get to sleep, everyone!" At that, everyone crawled into their sleeping bags and began drifting off to sleep as the room became silent.

As you stared up at the ceiling, you began to feel cold. You curled up in your sleeping bag, trying to get warmer. You slightly shivered as you felt another cold chill run through your body. You were wearing your robes, but the shirt you were wearing under them was quite light. The thin sleeping bag cover wasn't helping, either.

"Hey," Draco whispered, catching your attention. "Are you cold, princess?"

You quietly huffed before replying. "Yes, and don't call me that," you whispered. Draco unzipped his sleeping bag before slightly shuffling backwards and patting the small empty space next to him.

"Come here."

"What?"

"You heard me." You hesitated for a moment before finally moving into Draco's sleeping bag. He zipped it back up and wrapped his arms around you as you cuddled into his chest.

"Are you warmer, now?" He whispered. You blushed.

"Yeah," you paused, lifting your head up to look into his eyes, "thank you."

His eyes darted to your lips for a second before looking back into your eyes. He brought a hand up to softly cup your cheek as you both started slowly leaning in until your lips barely touched and your noses brushed.

Carefully, he made the next move, his lips finally moving against yours. Your lips moved in sync with his. The kiss was so soft and slow, but still filled with so much love, and it made butterflies swarm in your stomach. It was almost as if you were scared to break each other.

Eventually, you both pulled away and looked into each other's eyes, smiling. You gave his lips one final peck before hiding your face in his chest again. His arms slightly tightened around you and he kissed the top of your head before the two of you drifted off into a deep sleep, cradled in each other's arms.

•••