Chapter 7: Hercules

<Alexa's POV>
The rest of the night was spent just making s'mores and singing, eventually we said our goodbyes and gave hugs, I lingered on my hug with Lauren a little longer than the rest.
~~Next Morning~~
I woke up and Hercules was barking at the door, I went over and picked him up while scratching behind his ears, he had dirt all over him from last night, I walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I started the bath water and got out the dog shampoo. I heard a knock on the door before it opened up, I looked up and saw Lauren standing in the door way.
"Alexa, hey. You're mom let me in." She smiled and took notice of Hercules.
"I was just about to bathe him."
"Can I help?"
"If you want to." I laughed and rolled my sleeves up, I slipped off his collar and put him into the tub, immediately he tried to jump out, I gently held him down while Lauren took a cup and got his fur wet, I took the dog shampoo and put some in Lauren's hand, we both started scrubbing it into Hercules's fur, our hands would touch here and there but I tried not to think of it to often. Once we got all the soap off, we were both covered in water from Hercules trying to jump out if the tub, once he got out of the tub he shook himself spreading water everywhere, I laughed and wiped my face from water, I looked over and saw Lauren looking into my eyes, I bit my lip before she leaned in and captured my lips in her own, I couldn't help but smile into the kiss, before anything else could happen I heard Hercules whimper again and shake the water off of him again.