Friend

I ran through shit just to get away from the highway. Now I'm the middle of the forest and it's getting dark. I saw a ray of light from a distance as I was walking, I come to it.

And the light was coming from the ground, there was a trap on the ground, it looks like someone's inside and he's watching reality television, I can hear people arguing from his tv. I knocked on the wood and I heard footstep going to the trap door.

"Hi there fella, what brings you here?" An African American guys greeted me. "Can I stay in your place for now, just until morning."

"Come on in! You're very welcome into my humble abode!" he said, plastered on his face was big smile. I went in into his house, his living space was spacious, a flat screen tv, nice kitchen, two bedrooms. Weird, he's the only one who lives here so why does he have a another room?

"Why do you have the spare room?" I asked. "My friend visits me here, once a month, and it's for this kinds of situations, this always happens here, in this city." his smile is warm, welcoming and comforting.

"Sit there at the couch and I'll prepare you dinner, you seemed hungry." He went to the kitchen.

The TV was showing shitty reality TV show. It's all just drama and fucking screaming and fighting. The guy came back with a plate of barbeque ribs and handed it to me, "it's my family's recipe, hope you'll like it."

"Thanks," I dug my teeth to the meat and it's like butter. Very tender and delicious. "This is so good!" I said.

The guy chuckled, "I'm glad you liked it." He went back to the kitchen and came back with tea and water on his hands.

"Why are you hiding in this bunker?" I curiously asked. "Did you know that I'm the only black person that is left here," I'm not that surprised at what he said. Ever since I got the richer parts of the city, there's no black in every nook and cranny.

"What did they done to the others?" I asked. "Different mobs runs the city, that's why I don't know what they could have done to the other black people, but my relatives were captured and they were killed, burned infront of a lot of wealthy people for entertainment." he said.

"I-I'm sorry to hear that," I put my plate on the the coffee table infront of me. "It's okay, you can stay here in my place until you need to go, I know there's a schism happening in the strongest mob in this city and you might be caught into the crossfire."

"How did you know about the schism," I may sound calm but inside I was scared, when he said that he knew about the schism.

He looked at me seriously and observed me closely, "you what, you seemed to be feeling uncomfortable, is something wrong with the couch? Or my place? Do I scare you cause I'm black?"

"No! I'm not scared of you being black. I'm comfortable here in your place, but how did you know about the schism? And I haven't got your name yet." I asked.

"First of all I'm Bruce," he extended his his arm to give me a handshake and I reached out to it and shook it. "Nice to meet you??" He was waiting for my response, "Oh! It's Lester, I'm Lester. Nice to meet you Bruce!"

"Actually I didn't knew about the schism afterall, until my friend told me. At first I thought it's was a mob war but it's much more different and much more destructive. My friend told me that it all started 2 years ago, when the former owner of the, 'Vasques Group Of Companies' died, and he divided his fortunes to his two sons, Mace and Plaedon." he took a break and he took a sip of his tea.

"What happened after that?" I asked.

"Ah! Jasmine tea. Since then there was favoritism in their household, it's always Plaedon that is well loved and cared, while Mace was being left out and abused. Because of this favoritism, almost three quarters was given to Plaedon. While the quarter left was to Mace and he didn't liked that, so he tried to kill his brother but didn't succeed and that's how we are now." He said.