7 - Boulders and a Shattered Heart

Reyna:

This is like nothing Reyna has ever seen before. Jason, Piper, and three high ranked people have gone missing. Some from Camp Jupiter. Meaning Chiron was right; the camps are under threat. But who? Who dares attempt something like this?

Reyna had taken Annabeth's advice and now had the week off to herself. Though there really was no difference, as the missing people issue was growing, all hands needed to be on deck. There would be no time for a break these next few days, or weeks.

Reyna was currently walking around the Camp, bored with nothing to do, until she spotted a familiar face. Thalia. What is she doing here? Perhaps she's heard about Jason going missing, she thought.

"Thalia!" Reyna shouted, just loud enough to get her attention. Said girl spun around, a look of surprise and guilt etched onto her face. Why guilt? Reyna walked up to her and nodded in greeting.

"Thalia. Such a pleasant surprise. You heard about Jason?"

"Yes, I did."

Short, clipped answers. Huh.

"And you're here because....?"

"I'm here to see if I can help with the search," Thalia said blankly.

"Ah, I see."

"Seeing that there isn't much I can do, I will be on my way. I'll see you around, Reyna."

"Yes, see you around."

That must have been one of the oddest encounters Reyna has ever had. She wondered whether or not Thalia was up to something. There was only one way to find out. She was going to follow her. She was going to get to the bottom of this.

After departing the camp, and after plenty of walking, Thalia went around through a big clearing towards some moss-covered boulders. She pushed some moss to the side, revealing a small, built-in device. She put her hand palm down and held it for a few seconds. A scanner, Reyna thought.

A boulder then moved to the side, and Thalia went in. Reyna hurried to follow. Walking through the big rocks, Reyna looked around and stifled a gasp. What the hell was this place? It was enormous. A few cabins stood lining the left edge, some only half-built. To the right, there was a large looking house.

It seemed to be four or five stories high, and it was rather broad. There was another building, only a bit larger standing farther back than the rest of everything else. There was a smaller building, close to the size of a ranch house, across from what seemed to be a training area. The structure might be an infirmary, thought Reyna.

"What do you think?" Thalia asked.

Reyna gasped. Eyes wide, she turned to find Thalia smirking with an eyebrow raised,

"Did you honestly think I didn't know I was being followed? Nevermind that, welcome to, well, uh, we don't have a name yet, but, eh, I'll let Hylla explain to you. Go on to the Big House Two, go straight, then turn left. Enter the first room." Thalia beckoned to the large building, the close one.

Reyna went, following her instructions; she walked through the halls, passing a room labeled "Jason and Piper." So they were here. Still in shock, she looked for the door she was to go to. She found it easily as her sister's name was on it, and knocked. Hylla opened it.

"Hello, Reyna. Come in."

She did. As soon as Reyna was settled, Hylla wasted no time in explaining.

"You're probably confused, so I'll get right to it, and I'd prefer for you not to interrupt. Leo, Calypso, his girlfriend, Thalia, and I have put together, or at least, we're in the process of doing so, but we're putting together a camp. One that will be a mix of both Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter. So far, we have an infirmary, a praetor's house, a training area, the kitchens, and you're in the Big House Two right now. Some of the cabins are still being built, and we have many bedrooms in this building. Jason and Piper are here actually, why don't you go see them?"

Reyna stared wide-eyed at her sister, "Um, alright." She left and had no trouble spotting the couple. They were standing close to outside their bedroom, talking in hushed voices. Reyna's heart ached; she wished Jason was hers. She wished she was there instead of Piper. She missed him.

And right then and there, Reyna made a decision. She was going to get Jason back, no matter what it took. Even if she had to lie or steal. Or kill. Because she was Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano, and if she wanted something, she would get it, and nobody would be able to stop her. "Jason!" She called. Ignoring the look of surprise on both of their faces, she only focused on him. "One second!" He called back.

He turned back to kiss Piper, then leaned in and whispered something in her ear. She blushed hard, and he smirked. To Tartarus with you, McLean. Jason made his way over to her, while Piper stood back, waiting.

"Reyna, nice to see you here," Jason smiled. If only you knew how much those words mean to me. "Jason, I need to tell you something."

"Alright, shoot."

"Piper." Here goes nothing.

His expression turned serious, "What about Piper?"

"She's, well, she's hiding some things from you, and I think you have the right to know."

"What do you mean?"

"See, she knew about Leo being alive the whole time, and, well, she was kind of cheating on you with him behind your back."

"What?" Jason's expression almost made Reyna smile. He believes me—goodbye, devil.

"I'm sorry."

Jason whips around and storms up to Piper. "I cannot believe you! After yesterday, after everything, this is how you pay me back?"

"Wha-what? What are you talking about?"

"Shut UP! Don't you dare act like you don't know what I'm saying! It's taking all of my courage to resist running my sword through you right now!"

Piper's eyes widened even more. Yes, feel the pain you rat.

"Jason, I don't kn-"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! You knew about Leo being alive the whole time, and then, as if that wasn't enough, you cheated on me with him! Does that sound familiar?"

"That, no. Jason, that's not true, I would never do that!" Her voice broke.

"Enough with your lies, okay. We're done!"

"Ar-are you bre-breaking up with me?" Teras were streaming down her face. Do you like how that feels, you Aphrodite slut?

"No, I'm about to kiss you," WHAT? NO! "Of course I'm breaking up with you!"

"Jason," Piper's hurt and confused expression seemed to melt something behind Jason's eyes, but he quickly turned to a cold look. "Goodbye, Piper."

By now, her eyes were red, and she was breathing heavily and fast. Reyna pushed away any bit of guilt as Jason walked up to her. He stopped only when he was about half a foot away from her.

"I don't know what I would've done without you. I was wrong to stay in the Greek Camp with her. I had everything I could ever want with you. So, thank you." He whispered. Oh, oh my gods, oh my gods, oh my gods, it worked, it worked, it worked. IT WORKED, HE'S MINE!

Jason leaned in. He's actually going to do it. His soft, gentle lips met hers. He kissed her, hard, in front of Piper. Piper, the girl whose heart he shattered. Well, technically, the girl whose heart they both shattered.

o0o

Author's note - this story is not Jeyna! There will be some Jeyna for about 10 - 15 chapters, but it ends with Jasper/Jiper.