Chapter 1-The Terrifying News

Thirteen- year-old , Ivy Reckon, lay on her canopy  bed as she excitedly listened to K-pop idol group, B.T.S's latest hit.This is where she could be herself, without people judging her about her social anxiety disorder.Ivy Reckon had had social anxiety from since she was three years old when her mom had invited people over for her third birthday party. Ever since that day, Ivy's mom had home schooled her while her dad worked as a manager at an electronics store.                                                                                                             
"Ivy, come downstairs! Your dad and I have something to tell you!" Ivy's mom yelled.As slowly as as a sloth, Ivy walked down the wooden staircase.With each step she took, the old , rickety staircase would squeak. When Ivy reached the dining room, her parents shared looks of worry on their pale faces.
"What's wrong?" Ivy questioned as her palms began to sweat.
   " Well, business at the store is not doing so well, so your mom has decided to get a full time job to bring in some more cash. That means you have to go to real school," Ivy's dad announced.
"School! This cannot be happening.You guys know I cannot handle being in crowds," Ivy replied with a beating heart.Tears began to fill her emerald eyes while she dashed up the stairs.The thought of being with so many people made her want to sink into the floor. Ivy could hear her parents chatting downstairs, but she didn't bother to listen. This was the worst news Ivy had heard in her entire life. Little did Ivy know, going to school was going to change her life forever.

Thanks for reading!I know this chapter is short, but I will be publishing  a new chapter each week.Feel free to give feedback.🙂