An Irritation is Thrown in His Life

Slowly Oliver lifted up his head. A low rumbling could be heard right beside his head. At this very moment, he couldn't quite register what it was since he was just rudely awoken.

The boy opened his eyes and started stretching his body out. In the past, he has slept in pretty odd places before, but never on the ground with no actual shelter. The child made a mental note to prepare for tonight instead of running around like a lost mouse desperately looking for attention.

As he forced his eyes open a black smoke started to swirl around his body making him start to cough. Oliver's eyes began to water to the point he could no longer see, except for the thick black smog enveloping his body. Standing up, all he could think to do was cover his mouth and lean up against the tire to help himself. For some reason he did not have the common sense to just run out instead of allowing this muck to devour his minuscule lungs.

Behind him, the vibrations ran through the "Wall" and began coursing through his own body as well. He couldn't take any more of this. He had to escape from this hell of his. Oliver grabbed ahold of his hat to cover his mouth and run. The ventilation of the fabric seemed to help block his eyes, but his breathing suffered. He wasn't taking in dust clouds of smog and dirt anymore, but he could still feel the unclean air burn his throat as it went down. He had no idea where he was running, but he had to get someplace else.

Taking off as fast as his little legs allowed him, he watched as the metal contraption he was sleeping underneath started to move. Slowing his pace as he placed the hat back on his head he watched the vehicle move, treading over the very place he just was at. Thank whatever being was watching over him right now, if he didn't move he would be as squished as that mud the tires were making marks in. His body would be obliterated. No more. All Oliver could do was shake his head and continue to walk. Maybe today would be the day? It shouldn't be that hard to locate shelter and food.

Luckily the area he stayed in was an empty lot, we'll except for the overgrown unkempt grass and the metal giant. It only took a few minutes to make it to the sidewalk.

The sidewalk. The most dangerous aspect of this whole city. Well except for larger animals, shoes, drainpipes, shoes...well there was a lot to avoid, but one place he was always told to avoid from his mother was the sidewalk. Tinies never ventured that close unless they were desperate. Alphas and giants roamed every way you looked. It was like this sidewalk prohibited them from walking anyplace else like if they stepped off into the grass or on to the road at the wrong time they would be electrocuted. It honestly reminded Oliver of watching giant ants...humongous ants. The Giants never paid attention to their surroundings in the city. They were busy multitasking or talking amongst themselves, but even though each one of them never watched were they were going they all still remained on that sidewalk getting to their destination without a disturbance. Nothing seemed to make them sway from their tasks or destination. A tiny would walk up on the sidewalk and risk being trampled to death by people passing by.

Oliver took a deep breath in before running into his doom. If he wanted to get anywhere he had to go here first. The sidewalk lead everywhere.

As the tiny scurred as fast as he could past everyone he noticed a few of the bigger creatures would just happen to notice him. He even had a women look directly down at him causing them to match eyes, but instead of helping him or offering anything, she shrieked. The larger woman kicked her high heels up and shrieked. Her feet came slamming down just inches from Oliver's position. She was acting like he was vermin. Useless. Nothing. Just something that didn't belong here...and she was right to a point.

Oliver scurried away like the creature she thought he was and quickly ran around a corner trying to get a breath. He was breathing so fast someone would have thought he was having a panic attack. Taking in air one breath at a time, it took his senses a moment to realize what was walking by.