Error of Perfume

He just couldn’t do it. Maybe it was the humidity, or maybe the way the moonlight shone upon her skin. Tom just could not keep his hands to himself. With his wife and child at home he wasn’t able to resist the temptation of a new bed. So that’s where the room keepers found him the very next morning. His naked body sprawled out on the bed tangled in blood-stained linens.

     Over his body and genitals was a series of slashes in almost a romantic pattern starting at his cheeks and ending near his calves. Through the choking scent of metallic blood there was sweet tones of a woman’s perfume. It gave the scene a feeling that it was trademarked. Perhaps it was her smell that drew a married man in so quickly? It certainly was an enticing scent, jasmine, lilies, amongst other subtleties.

     A small jasper bead was found under the bed, maybe from a dancer’s dress? Maybe that’s why he chose her? She was a dancer, a flapper, going from party to party seducing men. A green dress with jade and jasper beads, swaying with her body and catching the party lights. Would that combined with her perfume and good looks be enough to trap any man she could want? It sure as hell might be. Or is she just choosing those who are clearly cheating and have I over wives and families?

     A female vigilante? Perhaps someone who was scorned herself by a cheating husband. That could’ve fueled her addiction? Slipping from town to town, city to city, state to state. Picking off men from each place. Exacting her revenge, expressing her anger and lost love. But of course who could ever know? You might even be reading her own public diary and you would never, ever know.