I

"isn't enough, no matter what word i say
leaving me, who cherished only you."

- SEVENTEEN, DON'T WANNA CRY.

_________________________

"owo, my baby," hyunjae sighed and shifted slightly as his girlfriend's hands roamed around his face, her fake long acrylic nails slightly scratching his face.

"heeyoung, that hurts," he whispered, slowly but carefully trying to take her hands off of his face.

heeyoung frowned and tightened her grip on hyunjae's face. the boy hissed in pain, feeling the tip of the plastic nails sink into his skin.

"it should," she grumbled, forcing him to make eye-contact with her. "do you think i didn't see you talking to that girl yesterday?"

hyunjae sighed, fisting his hands in his lap. "that was my cousin, hee. you know that."

"i'm gonna kill her." she whispered, pulling on hyunjae's collar and hugging him tight. the boy had no option but to go along with her actions, placing his hands absently on her waist.

he regretted this.

he lived in the guilt everyday.

he just wished he could've listened to his friends sooner.

then he wouldn't have to be in an abusive and toxic relationship.

he wouldn't have been kidnapped and forced to stay at his girlfriend's house.

he wouldn't have faced this torture.

. . .

"hey, did you hear?"

y/n sighed in annoyance and rolled her eyes.

what's today's tea?

"i heard hyunjae moved in with heeyoung," one of the girls told. the other girl let out a small gasp.

"isn't heeyoung said to be abusive and all? poor hyunjae," they clicked their tongues.

y/n looked out of the window and saw him.

lee hyunjae.

though she didn't know him personally, she did know he was famous for dating heeyoung.

heeyoung wasn't just a normal girl (you could've guessed that by now); her relationships were told to be broken barely a month after. all of them had the same reason.

"she's abusive."

"she's toxic."

"she's disgusting."

but hyunjae was famous even before that. with his killer visuals and heavenly voice, he was one of the school's top boyz.

the first week when he had started dating heeyoung, he had the biggest smiles on his face. once, he even passed y/n one of those cute smiles, while she just stared at him blankly instead.

out in the field, hyunjae sat on the grass while his friends ran and played around him. his sculptured face held a gentle but weak smile as he watched them.

y/n suddenly got interested in him.

hyunjae wasn't someone who would sit down and watch others play, he was one of the boys who would never stop playing around.

his energy level was that high.

well, not as high as eric's.

"he's taken," y/n's friend nudged her as she sat down beside her, throwing y/n a warning glance.

"heeyoung's gonna kill you if she sees you even look at his direction," eunbin clicked her tongue. y/n shook her head as she looked away from hyunjae.

"i swear that bitch is batshit crazy," eunbin mumbled to y/n, watching as heeyoung approached hyunjae and his group of friends. y/n turned her attention back to him and watched as he slightly stiffened when heeyoung hugged him.

"i think he needs to break-up with her," she commented, eunbin nodded her head at y/n.

"it's not a 'think', he definitely needs to break-up with her." eunbin rolled her eyes. y/n kept quiet as she watched the couple interact; hyunjae looked as stiff as a doll as heeyoung held his hand in hers.

"okay students, let's start class!" their professor came in the class and instructed.

y/n sighed as she turned her eyes away from the window once again, opening her textbook and flipping the pages.

why was hyunjae standing so stiffly?

. . .

word count: 636.
edited.
hi :)