IV

"i long for you all night
a night where everything that went over limits sweep over me."

- THE BOYZ, SALTY.

_________________________

y/n furrowed her eyebrows. "what do you need help with? i don't think i can be of much he—"

"you are," sangyeon cut her off, looking at her pleadingly. "you're all the help we need; in perfect human form."

confused and still slightly frowning, she looked down at his hands. "what can i help you with?"

sangyeon cleared his throat. "you know hyunjae and heeyoung are in a relationship,"

y/n nodded slowly.

"and you know heeyoung is..." he left out, biting his lips.

"abusive, yes." she nodded again.

sangyeon nodded along with her. "hyunjae wants to break-up with her,"

y/n nodded her head again.

hyunjae breaking up with heeyoung was great news. y/n almost smiled. and when she caught herself, she pulled in her lips and lowered her head in an apology.

"so you do like hyunjae hyung," sunwoo snickered. y/n's head shot in his direction and she glared at him.

"i told you once, i don't."

"you smiled when you heard that hyung wanted to break-up with that..." he left out, supposedly thinking hard. "...lunatic. yes, lunatic."

y/n bit her lips to stop herself from laughing. but she bit a bit too hard.

"here," younghoon passed her a tissue with an emotionless face. y/n thanked him and took the sheet from him, dabbing it lightly on her lips.

"so what exactly do you want me to do? i still don't understand,"

sangyeon gripped her hands. "help us get him out of that lunatic's house."

"he was forced?" y/n asked, surprised.

sangyeon nodded.

"but isn't hyunjae in the hospital?"

"you know how filthy rich that girl's family is," juyeon commented from the side, looking down and leaning against the wall behind him. "they made all the arrangements for hyung at her apartment."

y/n shook her head, sighing.

"she really is batshit crazy about him." she mumbled.

"you should've seen the way she was screaming and fighting at the hospital because a nurse touched his neck," chanhee sighed, an irritated look crossing his face.

"checking his pulse?"

chanhee nodded.

y/n clicked her tongue.

"i'll help you," y/n finally said. sangyeon's eyes brightened and he brought her hands forward to kiss them.

"thank you so much," he mumbled, his lips moving against her skin. y/n felt heat crawl up her neck and settle at her cheeks, as she dumbly nodded at his thanks.

"hyung," eric called out, his tone tense.

sangyeon immediately lowered her hands from his lips and settled both of their hands over her lap again.

y/n gulped before biting the inside of her cheek. "w-what can I help you with? what exactly?"

sangyeon thought about it. "we can only get him out after he fully heals," he looked at the rest of his boys. "for now, we can only do so much as to wait."

y/n nodded her head.

"so... do i have any specific role?" she asked again, nervous about the whole ordeal. sangyeon thought about it again and shook his head.

"not for now."

she nodded. again.

"you've been nodding for an awful amount of time now," sunwoo spoke. y/n sighed in annoyance and glared at him.

"why are you looking at me? there's so much more to look at in this room," she shot back. "there're people who're much prettier than me in here."

"like?" sunwoo tested, and successfully cheered in his head when she began talking.

"like? jacob, kevin, juyeon, changmin, hyunjoon, eric, younghoon, haknyeon, sangyeon who's sitting right in front of me," y/n pointed at sangyeon, who suddenly got flustered at the mention of his name.

chanhee stared at her from the corner of the room, offended that his name wasn't included.

"h—"

"oh, and before i forget, have you seen chanhee? have you seen him? wait, nevermind. he's always with you. but still, he's the prettiest boy i've seen in my whole life. others may say he looks feminine, but honestly, he shouldn't mind them. i'd rather have a man who takes good care of his skin rather than someone who doesn't." y/n rambled. breathing a bit heavily, she glared at sunwoo, but when she saw his cocky expression, she suddenly grew confused.

that's when she realized.

shit.

nervous and unbelievably awkward, y/n looked to the side and saw chanhee staring at her with wide eyes. when he noticed her staring at him, his face flushed in an instance, his lips pulling themselves in.

y/n laughed awkwardly as she shyly waved at him, tilting her head slightly in embarrassment.

"...hi?"

. . .

word count: 789.
edited.