Paying Lungmen a Visit

[Disappeared again, did I? I apologized for the wait, sometimes life just gets to you and you have new interests along the way. I wanted to try a different writing style for this one, so let me know what you think, and I apologize if any of the canon characters are OOC!]

As the group made their way to the main gathering area in the camp, their minds did wander on what occasion did Talulah have that required all squads present for it. Was it Mephisto's birthday or something? Typhon sure as hell not getting that sadistic gremlin anything.

Typhon: Geez, there sure are a lot of fellows here, makes you think what the boss has cooking.

Leilani: [shudders] Just as long as it's not stationing with those cold guys over at Frostnova's unit, I felt like my fingers were gonna fall off when it was over.

Motokono: [excited] What if it's a special celebration of the Chernobog takeover?! The infection may have costed me my voice a little, but I can still sing good enough if they ever need a idol on a stage!

Emery: [deadpan] Your idol days were over THE DAY you were diagnosed as infected, and if Patriot is anything to go by, I don't think I want to hear you sing.

Mortimer shrugged his shoulder towards Emery.

Mortimer: Come on, you downer. Give the girl a shot, you never know exactly if her infection is as bad as the old man.

Motokono gave Emery a smug look, which irritated the Liberi.

Motokono: See? At least someone still believes there's hope for me in the business. You could take a few lessons, you know.

Emery: Whatever, look all I'm saying-

She was interrupted when Leilani nudged her from the front, causing Emery to look forward and see that they were approaching the gathering area shortly.

Typhon: Alright, let's see what the folks at the top have to say.

The group was positioned at the far end of the crowd, which was situated at the front of a large tent, likely where the leaders were, discussing whatever plans and agreements they were having. It was quite the large crowd, but the group was fairly easy to spot if the large defender that was Leilani was anything to tell.

Any conversations that were being exchanged at the moment ceased when the Reunion ringleaders started coming out of the tent one by one, moving off to the sides until she came out of the tent last, Talulah, who stood in the middle of the leader group. The crowd was silent as they stood before their leader in admiration, respect, and a little of bit of fear.

Talulah: We have liberated this land of its many, many crimes against the infected, those who wish to stand against the infected have been reduced to ash and ruin. However...I know that this alone isn't enough, not enough to pay back the countless amount of suffering that the Infected has endured. I believe that you want those who wish us torment to suffer as much as we have, which is why that all of us have come to this proposition.

All the while during her speech, Typhon couldn't help but to agree with her. The healthy folks didn't have the best track record in regards to their treatment of the Infected, even treated as lower then livestock. He can believe that, he was told about this particular case of a infected feline laying on the ground as people walked by her, not even sparing a glance at her.

He was told that her eyes...her eyes held emptiness, void of emotion.

He understood.

What they were doing was only justification for the many crimes brought against the infected and now it was their turn to return the favor. He could tell the others shares the same sentiment.