Prologue

" I have hoped my child would have been powerful." The newborn opened their strong icy blue eyes, one eye more purple than the other blue, blankly staring into the brown ones of a certain Tom Riddle. 

"And?" The child hears a male voice, turning her head slightly. 

"She has not disappointed." There was a breath of relief from the voice, Tom Riddle snaps his head to the side. 

"When was she born?" 

"Last week, on the 31." A soft female voice states. The newborn looks over, where she saw a woman with silver hair and blue eyes. 

"Hmm, curious." 

"Whats curious my Lord?"  A voice asks after a moment of hesitation

"You dare question me Lucius?" Tom Riddle spits at him calmly. The child sees the man visibly flinch. Her eyesight although blurry. "N-No My lord, I would never question." 

"Good...." The man holds the child an arm length away, examining the girl, "She seems like she holds intellect already, I wish to test it." 

"Tom, my love, may I tell you my concerns with your test?" The woman expresses. 

"Depends, you may proceed." 

"She was born a week ago, please have that in mind as you test her. That is my only concern." 

"I will take heed to your concern Diana." Tom Riddle walks into a room, leaving the door slightly open. 

"What do you think he is doing?" Narcissa asks her husband. 

"As long as he takes a liking to the child we shall be fine." Lucius tells his wife, only caring about himself. 

"It's not that I am worried about."  Narcissa looks at a sadden Diana, the strong woman fearing for her child in the hands of her very own father

--

The child glanced back at her 'parents' as she was being whisked away into a dark office. She was placed on a chair, Tom sitting on the floor in front of her. Even though the child was only a week old, she could sit up and hold her head straight. 

"I believe you hold some sort of intellect, my child." Tom starts. The girl looks at the man. 

"If you understand me raise your index fingers." 

The child kicks her head to the side in confusion but does as he asks. She could visibly see his eyes light up. 

"Do you know who I am?" He asks. 

The child slowly nods her head. 

"Can you say my name?" 

"Thom." The child stutters, not yet getting the 't' sound. 

"Very good. What about my other name?" 

"Lord."

"I suppose that is a correct answer. What about the 'V' one?" 

"Volde--" The newborn starts, unable to finish, her voice box not allowing it. "Mort." She finishes, not pleased with herself.

"Very good." Tom smiles at the child. He looks around the room, his eyes landing on something. 

"Will you give that to me?" Tom asks the child, pointing to a quill on the table beside another table. The child nods, raising her finger, curling it in once. The quill flies to the other side of the room. The child frowns. She curls her finger again, but this time more controlled, the quill floated gently and landed in Tom's outstretched hands. The girl claps and giggles. "Good job little one."  

The door opens, a crazed woman with ridiculously curly hair pops her head in. 

"My Lord." Her eyes never leaving the floor. 

"Bellatrix." Tom's light smile fell, the only real smile he has expressed throughout his time. "Is there a reason why you had interrupted me?" He growls out. 

"Yes, the ministry aurors are getting closer." Tom slowly stands up, still staring at the child. 

"Very well. I'll be back in two days to test this remarkable child further." He says, disappearing with a loud pop. Bellatrix fully enters the room, glaring at the newborn. "Why would he be so interested in a little bab-bay?" She sneers, cackling, stepping closer to the girl. The girl immediately did not like the vibe this crazy woman was putting off, the child stared back into her almost back eyes, not backing down. The woman cackles again, before sobering up and a hard stare replaced her crazed face. 

"Huh, Diffindo." The woman mutters. He wand snapping in the air. The child waves her hand, the spell rebounding, hitting the woman's hair, cutting off a good sized chunk. Bellatrix starts cackling. "That's why." She picks up the child roughly, carrying her out into the living room, where her mother was sitting down, forgetting about the daughter she had with a monster.