Chapter 2

Sept. 2, Year 3

The test I had taken this morning was way too easy, it was designed for first and second years. I, of course, had aced it in three minutes, so McGonagall had bumped up the testing material. I finished seventh year graduation testing with flying colors.

Mcgonagall decided to let me choose any classes I wanted, in any year that I wanted, besides the years below, and also gave me permission to use my time-turner to do more classes. According to the ministry, I had graduated Hogwarts. But I still wanted to live the school life of Hogwarts. 

I was eating breakfast with my reunited brother, catching up on his life, making my own assumptions about his life, knowing that my biological father was still a horrible person who doesn't deserve to live normally. 

I was thrown out of my inner thoughts by a loud screeching, "RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR!? I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER IS NOW FACING INQUIRY AT WORK AND ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! oh and ginny dear, congratulations on getting into Gryffindor, your father and I are so proud." The red letter glares at Ron, ripping itself up after seeing his expression. The whole entire hall burst out laughing, but I was just staring at the Weasley, wondering what it was like having a mother who cared for you enough to send a howler. 

I stood up, calmly making my way towards the Gryffindor table, sitting across from the infamous trio. "Oh! It's you again!" Harry Potter states, pointing a finger. I turn my attention to Ronald. "When I asked if you two had another way to get to Hogwarts, it kind of meant a safe way to get to Hogwarts, not risking the entire Magical Community by flying a Ford Anglia." I smirk at the end, seeing a bushy haired girl sit next to Harry. "Well how did you get here then?" Ron asks accusingly. I couldn't tell them that I apparated, so I made the first excuse that popped in my head. "I sent a letter to McGonagall, she sent a portkey to get onto the train. Do you not think that students have missed the train before?" I ask. 

Ron looks down, mumbling incoherent words, I decided to not listen in. "Who are you anyways?" Harry and the bushy haired girl demand. 

"Katana Black, I know who you two are, but, who are you?" I ask the girl, turning my attention to her. She was actually quite pretty. For a 12 year old.

"Hermione Granger." She says, sitting up straighter. I hold out my hand in greeting. We shake, "Nice to meet you Hermione Granger." 

"I haven't ever seen you here before, were you a student here?" She asks. 

"I'm a transfer, from Beauxbatons." 

"Are you part Veela!?" Ron asks, dropping his fork. I chuckle. Pleased by his compliment he wasn't meaning to give.

"No, however, I was blessed by a full Veela."

"Blessed? What does that mean?" 

"When a Veela blesses you, It's a great honor, because the Veela willingly give you a power normal witches are not supposed to have."

"And what is that?" Hermione asks. I look over to the teacher table, I could see McGonagall give me a look, saying to be careful. 

"I'm pretty sure Minny over there would not want me to say anything. You could find it in a book though, I'm pretty sure it's called, 'Traveling with Veela's, the human Harpy.' It's in the restricted section." I tell her, standing up, grabbing my small bag that held all of my school supplies. 

I made it to DADA that I had scheduled with the seventh years, with five minutes to spare, when usually I am the first person to arrive, I was almost the last, all of the girls sitting up straight in their chairs, waiting for a certain Gilderoy Lockhart to enter through his office doors. I roll my eyes, making my way to the back, all of the seats up front have been filled. 

I lean back, having a portion of my brain write a transfiguration essay for next which is technically-this, period. (Time Turner) 

"Ahah!" I hear from above. Lockhart had stepped out of his office, making a 'grand' entrance, I could hear most of the girls gasp, fawning over the man. 

"Yes, it is me, Gilderoy Lockhart, order of merlin, third class, Five time winner of best smile from Witch Weekly. But I didn't banish the Banshee by smiling at her!" I groan internally, what a great big baboon. He's clearly lying like a child who got into their parents make-up. 

"Now, to start of class, there will be a quiz on how you have studied my books so far. There is 54 Questions, you have from now to ten minutes until this hour ends." He flicks his wand, a thick stack of papers start floating, distributing a packet on each student's desk. 

I look at the first page. "What is Gilderoy Lockhart's Favorite color" 

I shake my head.'Probably something like a 'royal lilac' I write down. 

"What is Gilderoy Lockhart's secret ambition?" 

To somehow never make the world see how fake his 'achievements' are

' In your opinion, what is Gilderoy Lockhart's greatest achievement to date?' 

How big his ego is. 

I keep writing stupid answers all the way until the last question, ending up being the first one to turn in the stupid test. I see him wink and smile as I place my test in the bin. I shudder, almost physically vomiting in my mouth. 

- -  

"Half of you did not know my favorite color, It's lilac, and my ideal birthday gift would be equality between magical and non-magical people. But I wouldn't say no to a bottle of Firewhiskey!" I roll my eyes, standing up, gathering my paper and quill that I had on my desk, turning around, walking towards the door. "Miss Black, is it?" I hear. I clench my fist, turning around, facing the smiling bastard. 

"It is." 

"Why are you leaving?"

"Because I do not want to be in this room any longer than I have to be." 

"Haha," He chuckles like it was the funniest thing ever. He gets serious, crossing his arms, leaning on his desk. 

"You need this class to graduate."

"I already graduated...  I'm also technically in third year, so no, I do not need this class." I tell him, walking out of the room, slamming the doors behind me.