Chapter 7

Oct 31, third year

It had been a month and some days since the first meeting in the forest. Classes had spiked in work, for the year had picked up in speed. Mcgonagall seemed to understand that classes had been boring me to death, so she has been tutoring me in transfiguration and defense against the dark arts in my Room of Requirement. She has also told me a great deal about my parents and my prophecy. 

"Control it!" Minnie demanded, circling my trembling form. I held my whole entire magic core in my grasp, watching as the gold and red swirl in angry colors. The core wanted to dissolve into my soul again, but I wouldn't let it, for Minnie said this was the only exercise for ultimate control. "Ten more seconds my dear." Minnie's calm voice penetrated my ears. I nod, sweat building up on my forehead and mustache area. "And relax." 

I collapse onto my knees, breathing in deeply, oxygen, the fresh relief of my life. "You did well today Kat." Her slim hands pass me a goblet of water. "Thanks." 

"I'm surprised you did that well for your first time holding your entire magic in your hands." 

"What was the red?" I ask her. She raises an eyebrow, helping me get to a chair. 

"The red?" her questioning voice asks. 

"Yeah, my core was gold and red." 

"What did the red look like?" 

"It looked angry and swirling into the gold." 

Minnie starts to pace the room, holding her chin in thought. 

"What did Albus tell you about your father and what he did to you?" Minnie asks after a minute. 

"That my father experimented on me, putting dragon and Veela blood into my blood-stream."

"Veela core is a light blue or pink, and no one knows dragon, but maybe your core is a mix between the Veela and dragon. Your father did believe that one day you could sprout wings, but that has never happened before. I'm sorry I do not know any more." 

"Do you somehow think that I could be able to. . . . . . unlock, my dragon and Veela side?" 

"Absolutely." Minnie checks her watch, for the feast was about to begin soon. "I'm assuming you would like to rest a little bit longer, I am needed in the great hall, our next meeting will be same time tomorrow and after classes during the week." 

"Alright. Thank you Minnie." I tell her. She pauses just as she was about to leave, a memory flashing behind her eyes. 

"Did your uncle tell you about me?" 

"Sirius you mean?" I ask her. She nods slowly. "He would tell me stories of Hogwarts every single night." 

"Sirius and his 'Marauders' were my favorite students." She whispers. 

"I really feel the love Minnie." I joke. Mcgonagall chuckles and leaves the room, muttering something as she left. 

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

"'KILL MUST KILL!!"'   I run down the hall, chasing after the voice, trying to find what it was going to kill. "Ooof" A person yells as we run into each other, I turn my body around so the person doesn't hit the stone floor hard. "Ow." I murmur. "Oh my! Katana! Are you alright?!" A familiar feminine voice asks. I move her bushy brown hair out of my face, and stare into her caramel eyes. "Never better." I mutter. 

"'KILL!"' I snap my head up, listening. Hermione gets off of me and helps me up. I look at the walls, trying to find the voice. "Can you hear it also?" Harry asks me, looking around also. 

"Yes." I tell him. 

"Hear what?" Ron demands. I look at Harry, we both stay silent. 

"What is that?" Hermione asks, looking at a puddle on the floor. 

"Myrtle must've flooded the lavatory once again." I tell her. 

"No, not the water, the reflection." We walk around a corner, 

"The chamber has been opened, enemies of the heir beware." Hermione reads off. 'The heir of Slytherin. That is me, and . . . . . . my father.'  I thought.

Loud rumbling of voices and footsteps emerged form all corridors, soon, the whole entire great hall surrounded us, where muttering and rumors immediately spread. Draco was to my left, his goons right behind him. 

"Enemies of the heir beware? You'll be next mud blood." Draco spit, glaring at Hermione. I step in front of her, moving her behind me, glaring at my brother who isn't actually my brother. 

"What's going on out here!" A scraggly voice demands, pushing students out of his way. "Come on, make way, make way." Filch steps out into the open, his raggedy hair and beady eyes scanning us. "Potter." He spits. "What are you?..." He cuts off his sentence, looking at what was hanging right beside the words. 

"Mrs. Norris?" His voice dropped into despair, panic flashing into his eyes, but soon replaced with anger as he looks at Harry again. "You've murdered my cat." He says surprisingly calmly. 

"No, No." Harry shakes his head frantically. Filch starts to shake, "I'll kill ya!" I immediately break away from Hermione, stepping in front of Harry as Filch was about to strangle him. My wand almost pierced his throat from the force I was putting into it. "Back away." 

"Argus!" came Twinkles famous voice, the students parted like the Red Sea, but I payed no mind as I stared down Filch. "Argus, I-" Dumbledore broke off as he too, saw the bloody lettering. 

"Everyone, proceed to the dormitories immediately." The student body collectively started to move. "Everyone except, you four." Gilderoy moved to 'inspect' the cat. 

"She's not dead Argus, She has been petrified." 

"Ah, thought so, so unlucky I wasn't there, I know exactly the counter-curse that could've spared her." 

Dumbledore nods, I snort, removing my wand, placing it back into my pocket. 

"Well how's she's been petrified I cannot say." 

"Ask him!" Argus demands. "They've must've done it! You saw what he wrote on the wall." 

"Not true sir, I swear!!" Harry pleads. "I didn't touch Mrs. Norris." 

"Ms. Black?" Snape asks, holding his chin. I nod. 

"Harry and I heard something, we all went and investigated, and found this. The students filed in not too long after we found it." 

Snape nods, I could feel the questioning looks the trio was giving me. 

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time?" He concludes.

The trio exchanges confused glances at each other, why Snape was being so civil to them. 

"But that doesn't explain why they weren't at the feast." 

"We were at Nearly Headless Nick's deathday party." Hermione answers. 

"And you?" Snape asks. 

"You know where I was Severus." I didn't want to tell the trio just yet. 

Snape nods in understanding. 

"You are dismissed. Go straight to your dorms." Minnie tells the trio. I shoot them a look, knowing they were confused. 

"Katana, do you know anything about this?" Dumbledore asks. 

"Are you instituting that I opened my grandfather's chamber to kill Mudbloods?" I demand. 

"Heavens no! I'm sorry it came out that way, do you have any feeling of what's going on?" Minnie answers for him. 

"I've been having dreams about horcruxes. The one that always appears is a black diary. I have a feeling he is trying to bring himself back to life." I tell them, rubbing my head. 

"Holy Mother" Minnie murmers.