Part 1

I was alone when I woke up. The blinds were closed and the room was dimly lit, although I can still hear the rain drumming outside. Strange, I thought. I remember Lyon being here before I fell asleep. I wonder where he went?

My watch says 6:37 PM. Good thing it was a weekend. My head hurts like I hadn't slept at all. I feel cold and my throat is sore, making it hard for me to swallow. Every joint in my body feels like lead and I can't move without wincing in pain. What the hell is wrong with me? I sneezed, curling into a ball and burying my face deeper into the sheets of Lyon's bed. It smells so much like him, mint and fresh snow.

I suppose running in the pouring rain without an umbrella finally paid off. It happened earlier today, when I forgot to bring one. I couldn't reach the dorms without getting drenched. And so, halfway there, I met Lyon who decided to take me in for the night, seeing their dorm is nearer than ours. Once I got here, I showered off and he let me borrow one of his sweaters, which is a little big to be honest, seeing the sleeves fall past my fingertips, but it was too comfy to let me complain. After that I slept in his bed and the next thing I knew, I'm here in his room half-awake and dead sick.

The door opened and I heard Lyon step in carrying two large paper bags in his arms. He switched on the rest of the lights, nearly blinding me with the sudden burst of brightness.

"Where've you been?" I asked, wincing at how hoarse my voice sounded. My lips protruded into a pout as I turned to look at him. Even that simple action caused my head to pound and scream in pain.

"Groceries." He replied with a smile as he placed the paper bags atop the table. "I figured I can make dinner for tonight."

"Oh..." I couldn't help but smile back. How sweet...

I slowly--painstakingly sat up, legs folded outwards on either side of me like how a five-year-old would sit. My hand reached up to rub the sleepiness out of my eyes as I yawn. How many hours I've been dozing off, I have no idea.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, smiling as he settled himself on the bed in front of me. His hand cupped my face while his thumb affectionately stroked my cheek, gaze directed only towards me.

"Mhm.." I nodded, still rubbing my eye.

He chuckled, a move that I found impossibly cute. And then he pulled me to him and pressed his lips gently against mine.

I drowned in ecstasy. Lyon knew exactly what to do to make me forget everything. I wrapped my arms around him, drawing him closer to me as he tilted my head and pressed my lips harder against his.

He abruptly pulled away, brow creased with worry as I frowned back. Perhaps he noticed that something was wrong.

"(y/n), are you okay? Your lips feel hot." He asked. I can hear the anxiety in his voice. But as soon as the words left his mouth, I felt so lightheaded that I had to plant one hand on the mattress to prevent myself from keeling over.

"(y/n) ..." Lyon's hand went to cup my cheek once more, forcing me to look back at him. I rested my other hand on top of his, pressing it harder against my cheek. The warmth of his palm felt good, and it helped ease the pain in my head.

"I'm fine. Just... weary from sleep, I guess." I answered, but it sounded more like I was trying to convince myself instead of him. And I was never good with lies when it comes to Lyon. He has his own mysterious way of always knowing the truth. At least, for me.

True enough, he frowned, clearly not accepting what I just said. "You're a terrible liar, (y/n)." He placed a hand on the back of my head and pulled me close to him, but instead of my lips, he aimed lower and pressed his cheek against my neck.

A shudder made its way down my spine as I ran a hand through his snow-white hair. "L-Lyon... what..." My voice trailed off as he pulled away, eyes filled with concern.

"You have a fever." His hand went up to brush the hair out of my eyes. And, as if on cue, I sneezed. I can't lie to him now.

He sighed as he gave my forehead a sweet kiss. "Just wait for a second, okay? I'll fix your dinner right away." He started moving away, towards the kitchen.

I watched Lyon's shape recede as he went to prepare supper for the both of us. With a wince, I lied back down on his bed and hugged his pillows, trying to find comfort despite the sickness.