three.

Haa . . . I should be studying for my exams.

As they walk to the gym, Yachi ask the ginger head, " You're sure about this, Hinata?"

Shoyo laughed, " HaHaHaHa I'm sure~ how many times have you ask me that?" He turn to the blonde. He notice her looking down. He let out a sigh, putting his hands the pockets of his pe jacket, " Don't worry, okay? I'm sure about this. Besides, I'm with you so I don't have any reason to back out now. You said you'll take care of me, right?"

This seems to brighten up the mood of the blonde, " Of course! I'm a woman of my words. And I won't ask again. Sorry about that." She said, smiling up to him.

" It's fine," He said, stopping in front of the open entrance of the gym, " We're here." He open the door and let Yachi go in first. The sound of squeaking shoes, bouncing balls, and short loud cheers filled the whole gymnasium.

" Oh! Shoyo baby~! Hitoka-chan!" Rui was the first one to notice them. He run towards them with open arms, " You're here!"

" Good afternoon!" the both of them greeted. Glancing around, noticing that most of them are players and some are new. He can tell since, like him, the new students for tryouts wore their PE uniform, which is colored black and blue. Full black color with blue outline and side color of their uniform. While the players wore their training attire, which is black long sleeves with the logo of the school and blue shorts.

[ I forgot to tell you that the color of their school is black, white, and blue. Every practice matches, and they're the host school, their jerseys are sleeveless and pretty tight around their body. Yes, they have two types of jerseys. Sleeveless and short-sleeves. As for their regular, white polo with the logo of the school, black blazer, and dark blue ties. Just a reminder.]

" Wait, you two are from Karasuno, right?" one from afar asked, running towards them while bouncing the ball.

" You're that cutie who can jump?" another asked, soon following the first boy with dark blue hair, " and the cute manager?" the two newcomers blushed by the sudden call. Cutie? Shoyo asked to himself.

Soon, the others run to them, surrounding the two, even the new ones. They bombarded the two with questions and complements.

" You're not here to spy on us, right?" a boy asked, who Shoyo recalled his name as Hayase Haizaki, with snow white hair and fair skin.

" The thought never crossed my mind." Shoyo replied, which made Hayase nod his head. 

" All of you! Get back to practice!" as fast as they could, they run back to where they came from as soon as they heard the low-pitched voice of their coach. Even Yachi squeaked by the sudden shout.

Hearing new footsteps, the two turned and politely bowed at the newcomers, " Good afternoon."

" Good afternoon to you too. You two must be the new people for tryout? one for manager and a player?" the coach, Hisashi Hajime, asked, which the two nodded their heads.

" You two seem familiar to me." He said, intensely looking at them, squinting his eyes a bit. The two gulped, which took notice of the coach, " Oh sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. It's just my character," he let out a short chuckle, " Are you sure with your choice?"

Not really sure with what he meant, the both of them nodded. Quite brave. He thought. He said a few more words about things. And lastly,

" Every day, we have practice. Including Saturday and Sunday. Don't worry, only in the afternoon every weekend."

Don't worry? Shoyo sweat-dropped. I'm already skinny and couldn't even gain a single muscle.

Huu . . . I wanna back out. If only he said this more early. Yachi prayed silently for the best.

" I'm sure you two are a men of your words. So there's no turning back now. But since it's still the first week, and we have an event happening next week, consider it as a rest week. Today is just the tryouts for the students who wants to join. But when the third week comes, be prepared." He dismissed the both of them and walk towards the chair to sit and observe the players.

Shoyo let out a breath, " He's quite alarming." He breathily said. Yachi could only agree with a slight nod.

Walking out, Yachi waved at Shoyo, who waved back, and left to go back fo the classroom for the plan meeting for next week. Seeing her out of his view, Shoyo joined the others for the tryout.

After serving balls, receiving, and dive laps, the captains decided to have a small match.

" It's only a one set match. As what a normal game is, the first team to reach 25 points win and is accepted. We'll be calling out names to play the first match." After Chuiro said what he had to say, Rui step front, picking out members for the first temporary team. Of course, he first picked Shoyo. He's not just small, he can fly high and run laps around the gym.

After picking out two strong wing spikers, a very loud libero, a very flirty setter, and two middle blockers, it's time for the captain to pick. The trainees are not that many, the regulars are.

" How do you want me to set for you?" the setter asked.

He tossed the ball, his dark blue eyes fixated on the perfectly spinning ball as it fly to the other side of the net. And then, its stops right above me. The replay of their everyday practice last year, Shoyo recalled it. And then, he would hug me after, looking up, I met his flushed face, his dark blue eyes averted, refusing to meet mine even though I can still see that he's shy.

Good old days. Shoyo thought, and then, " Hey Hey Hey! I'm Ryunosuke Yuu!" the libero said, every words while patting his back lightly.

Shoyo, the social butterfly he is, he greeted back cheerfully, " Hinata Shoyo! Glad to meet you!" they both let out a short but loud cheer, catching some of the others' attention.

" He's really friendly." from not far from the two loud kids, the setter, Takumi Yuno cooed, his eyes especially staring at the beautiful ginger head being.

" And he's really loud." beside him, Ryunosuke Uzui sigh, covering his ears a bit, what he said was for the libero who's jumping up and down while talking to the ginger.

" You're no fun, Uzui~" the other wing spiker, Akihiro Kyotani laughed, patting the back of the wing spiker and joined the two loud kids.

" So loud." near the net, the other middle blocker Tetsuro Hiro hissed lowly, his eyes shifting to the redhead who walk beside him for the game. Chibi. He thought while his brown eyes stared at the ginger's face. From his fringes tied up along with the middle part of his hair, to his doe eyes, to his small pointy nose, and to his cute lips. He's short for a middle blocker.

" Let's start!" then, Chuiro blowed the whistle.

To be continued . . .

𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐡𝐰𝐞-𝐲𝐢