paradise

They said that " Life flashes before your eyes.". He thought it was painful, agonizing, and full of trauma. He didn't want to see nor hear it. But he suddenly felt the warmth, the love, the care, he felt himself getting playfully squeeze in the arms of his love ones. It was not painful. It was not agonizing at all. It was not full of what he expected was trauma. Everything was just peachy. He loves it. And he regretted it at the same time. He should've fought till the end.

" His vital signs?!"

" It's very low! His BP's dropping down!"

" We're losing him!"

" He lose too much blood!"

" Stay with us, kid."

" We're losing him!!"

" God! drive faster!"

That unwanted, deafening sound came. Charles knew it coming. And he hates it. He wanted to be deaf that moment. And shut his sense of of sight that time. But the vital monitor won over his senses. It was ear-splitting. It was unbearable to look at. He never wanted to see and hear that flatline ever. Not from his wife. Rui. Especially not from who he see as his son he thought he would never have. Shoyo. But what can he do? it's Shoyo's choice to leave this cruel world. It's his choice to lie in his own pool of blood. It was his choice to go. And it's hard for him to accept it.

" It was agonizing." Charles unconsciously spoke as the memory lingered in his mind. Patricia stood behind him, looking down. Her eyes were also reddish from crying earlier with her husband. She patted his shoulder, and leaned against it, " I wanted to take my ears and eyes off that moment. I don't wanna go through that again."

" We had a small conversation. And all I can feel that moment was, nothing but warmth. He's a son everyone would wish for." Patricia said proudly but sadness lingered in her voice, " And I'm just starting to regret that our conversation didn't last long."

Charles turned to her and hugged her tightly, " He faced all his challenges and finished it. God wants him to rest."

Charles was too late that time. He knew it. But he still carried the redhead to the emergency bed and came with the paramedics. He panicked and tried to calm himself down, but it was just for a moment so he can cool off in that situation, and the next thing he heard was the flatline. The next thing he knew was the paramedic seating beside him was stating the time and date of the boy's death. It was simply stated, but it was painful to hear.

They entered the lounge area, where they saw all of them there. All wearing black clothing. The only people wearing all white was the little ginger head Yachi was carrying in her arms, Rui, and Charles and Patricia. Natsu was still crying, seeing how her shoulders shook with every snobs and sniffs.

It's been . . five days. They didn't accept the truth, and assumed that Shoyo was not the one in that coffin. One, two, three days passed and they still didn't accept that he was gone. The only person they're crazy for, they love, they hurt. Only the agonizing cries made a noise in that place in those days.

Charles saw everyone there. The air around them weary even though the sun's high up. He walked towards them, and all of them turned their heads to him.

" Let's go."

They all got in separate cars to the place. The ride there was quiet. Gloomily quiet. Out of all the boys, Rui was the one crying the most. Cause he's starting to accept the fact that the one he have a crush on died right in his arms. He still can feel the cold sensation of his palms motionlessly placed on his cheek. It was soft. But it was cold. He hate it. He want the warm hands back. The warmth he felt every time he touches him, his arms, his neck, his cheeks, his hair. He want all of those back.