Part 3

The last three months with Remus had been

The last three months with Remus had been...interesting. Not in a bad way, but there was more cuddling than you expected. I mean you weren’t going to complain. You truly did love him. Despite how things started off with you two, but it wasn’t meant to last forever. All good things must come to an end.

Things with Sirius went too far, and here you were standing in his office door way as tears threatened to fall.

“It’s not forever professor. We will see each other again.”

“Just when things were going our way Remus. The world decides it’s not meant to be.” You looked down sad that I had to say goodbye.

“Hey, hey, hey,” he runs over to you and lifts your chin to face him, “this is not forever darling. We will see each other again soon. I promise, and I will send you letters every day, and we have summer holiday to be with each other.”

“Then why are we saying goodbye?” The tears started to slowly run down your face.

“Shhh,” he wipes them away gently, “don’t think of it as goodbye. Think of it as see you later.” He smiled sweetly at you, and that made you feel a little better.

He hugs you tightly as he fights back tears himself. He didn’t want to say goodbye either, but he had to do this. If not then he would get fired, so stepping away on his own accord would be best for everyone. 

“I’ll see you again very very soon my darling.” He spoke softly.

I nod and grip him tighter, “promise?” You said like a little kid.

“Promise.” 

He pulled away and grabbed his stuff.

“Would you like some help?”

“If it’s from you of course, then we can say goodbye at the platform.”

You smile and grab a suitcase and walk out with him and walk to the Hogsmead train station.

“I will write to you tonight darling.” He kisses your cheek as he helps load his stuff up.

“I will be patiently waiting to receive it then.” You smile and pull him into a gentle kiss.

He gladly returns it as the final boring whistle blows, “I must go now.”

You nod, and wish him farewell before he disappears onto the train. It was hard, but you knew you would see him again very soon.

~

Over the last year Remus and you stayed in touch. You would go visit him whenever you could. It wasn’t too difficult for you, but things were getting more and more complicated at Hogwarts. Previous years' events proved that.

You got an urgent message from Remus saying to meet him at a place you hadn’t heard the name of in years. Godric's Hollow.

“Good you made it. I hoped my letter had gotten to you as quickly as possible.”