"Hell is empty, all the devils are here"

Souls don't understand time nor place all they know how to do is love, to miss, to cherish and to regret.

You should thank them, for giving you a chance to find a better happiness.

Ashton's p.o.v

You know those cliché high school movies we all hate to love about a heroine that breaks the social barrier, destroys the mean girls click and becomes the poster child for 'taking a stand', yeah this isn't one of those stories.

It is said you won't remember the words of your enemies but the silence of your friends- well that's total bull shit. Atticus did say 'words will scratch more hearts than swords' and he was right.

Imagine everyday of your adolescent life been spent in fear, doesn't sound pleasant at all am I right? Picture been pinned down and having your eyebrows shaved off, having your locker stuffed with pigs hearts or alive frogs jammed in your car boot ,not forgetting to mention been told on a daily basis that you amount to nothing, that the world would be better if you weren't in it.

See I don't have to imagine these because I experienced it. Those taunts were just a pinch of what I went through.

Now you obviously would have guessed by now that my bullies were the popular kids and you would be right, two in particular. I had nicknamed them 'the vultures' because they preyed on the weak, on those they knew couldn't fight back.

Ashley Reid and Taylor Black, best friends since kindergarten, they had all the makings of your typical 'queen bee' and were comfortable sharing said title between them, they were inseparable, many tried to infiltrate their bond but failed miserably.

Hearing the clicks of their red bottom heels was enough to clear the hallway and send you into hiding, avoiding their wrath.

I began to study 'the vultures' hoping if I learnt what ticked them off, what made me and others to be seen as prey hoping I could use it and somehow fly under their radar. By learning their habits and schedule, I knew where it was safe to be and when.

I had noticed how the both of them liked to switch out their arm candy on a regular basis, they never had a steady relationship, this may seem like a useless fact but it means neither of them had experienced the 'all consuming, passionate emotion' that comes along with your first love, you make think perhaps this is why they are so bitter?

It was during my senior year of high school when I came out as gay and let's just say things did not go well. Pictures of myself and Ms. Derby, the p.e teacher were photo shopped, showing us in some compromising positions were sent out to the entire school.

I begged my parents to let me be home schooled and they agreed, probably to save their faces in society. Coming from an ultra-rich and well known family, reputation means everything- yes it's even more important than ones happiness or justice believe it or not.

I was not ashamed, I knew I was been true to myself and was proud about that, if society couldn't see the diversity of human nature well they don't deserve to be a part of it. One night I had heard my parents discussing me "Perhaps if we had a son he would bring more good fortunes to this family unlike her" and that's when it all clicked

I admit my decision was driven by hate and anger and albeit a bit rash but I was sick and tired of been treated as gum stuck on the bottom of someone's shoe. I wanted revenge and with my parent's words playing in the back of my head along with everything I observed in school, I knew exactly how to get it.

Things were about to change, I was going to become a new person quite literally. See I was known as Dove Thornston but now meet Ashton Kingsley, payback never looked so good.

"You don't know it yet but I will hurt you for this, all I need is time. I promise a moment will come when you think your life's at its peak but then everything will come trembling down and you will realize your debt to society has been paid."

End of p.o.v