Robby Keene - Take a break. pt 1

The entire week, Y/n had been passive aggressive towards Robby, hardly even talking to him.

He couldn't figure out why she was acting this way. At first, he just let it slide, brushing it off as a bad day, but now, four days later, he had had enough.

Y/n was using the punching bag, her hands colliding with it hard enough that she didn't hear Robby approach.

"Hey," Robby said, startling her. She spun around, swinging as she looked at him. "Whoa, whoa, it's just me... Hey, you didn't tape your hands."

She looked down at her knuckles, they had already started to bleed. With a shrug, she turned around, returning to the punching bag.

"What's up with you?"

"Nothing, what's up with you?"

"Oh nothing much, I'm just wondering why my girlfriend has been ignoring me since Monday."

Y/n didn't stop punching the punching bag. "I'm not ignoring you, I'm talking to you right now."

"You're not ignoring me? You won't even spar with me, or train." Robby walked around so he was looking at her as she hit the bag, frustration lacing her features.

"Why is it such an issue? I mean, I'm pretty sure you prefer sparing with Sam anyhow."

"What are you talking about?"

She dropped her hands from their defensive position, standing straight. "I saw you with Sam."

"We're part of the same Dojo, it's not shocking."

"Last time I checked we don't spar with our lips at this Dojo, but what would I know." She exclaimed

Robby went pale as she looked at her "Wait, you think that I-"

"No, no, I don't think. I know what I saw." Y/n stepped back, turning around to walk to her bag. She picked up her water taking a sip before grabbing her towel, wiping off her forehead.

"I didn't kiss Sam, Y/n. You have to believe me."

"I actually don't have to do anything, especially if you're the one telling me I have to do it."

"She kissed me-"

"You seemed pretty into it."

"I would never cheat on you, my life is finally getting to a good spot, why would I ruin that?"

"Hmm, oh I don't know. That's a question for yourself."

"Are you seriously going to act like this?"

"Act like what, Robby? Act upset because I saw my boyfriend making out with my friend?"

"You know what, I can't do this."

"So you're breaking up with me?" Y/n dropped her towel back into her bag, looking at him.

"No, I'm saying… all I'm asking for is a little trust-"

"Robby, I trust you." She placed her hands on her hips. "It's crazy how much I trust you, but I know what I saw, and I didn't see you try and push her away."

"I love you, Y/n. I really do." He said quietly. "When Sam kissed me, I was in shock, I didn't know what to do- and before you say “push her away” I would have, if I wasn't frozen. I think it's best if you and I take a break."

Y/n nodded, bending down to grab her bag. "Tell Mr. LaRusso I went home because I didn't feel good."

As Y/n walked out of the backyard, Sam slipped out from behind a plant, cautiously walking over to Robby.

"Hey…"

"You knew she was there, when you kissed me, you knew Y/n was right there didn't you."

"Robby I don't know what you're talking about-"

"Don't lie to me Sam." Robby shook his head. "You knew how much I care about her, it isn't always about you, the world doesn't revolve around you or your issues. I get you don't like being single, but kissing me, when I have a girlfriend, and when she's right there that is just pathetic."

Robby went back into the house, leaving Sam alone, biting on her lip, regret going through her as she thought about how much she hurt her friends.