Nikki's Ending Rant--Read it!

Nikki’s ending Rant:

 This isn’t the epilogue, and I’m still going to post that, but I was getting a lot of the same questions, so I decided to post this first (because I don’t have to edit it).

Anyway, here are the main bullet points:

A sequel?

No.  At least not in the way that you’re thinking.  Technically, the sequel to Claimed is my other book Staked, which focuses on two completely different characters (though the main character has some tragic ties to Eliot’s old past habits). 

That’s it.  No book in which Miriam and Eliot get married and have a bunch of babies (Ew.  Miriam is seventeen, kay?  Seventeen)

And I changed some details a little so reading Staked might be a little confusing in places, but Miriam and Eliot appear for a little and I plan on having them appear more. 

But they are done.  No more story for them.

Also, there is a third book in this series called Corrupted, which focuses on my good friend Sage.  I love him so much and he gets to be so naughty in this book! (naughty bad, not naughty sexy you pervs.)

But, you guys might also be confused a little in this one because it talks about events that haven’t happened yet.  Because I have a bad habit where I like to work on a million things at once. 

So, if you liked Claimed, then read Staked or Corrupted, or both. 

But no sequel. 

Miriam’s character

I got a lot of complaints early on how Miriam was weak and pathetic and whiny.  Good.  Because I made her that way. 

What?

*the sound of minds being blown*

I put a lot of thought into Miriam’s character and I really really wanted her to fit a certain mold where she was basically a blank slate.  At first.  

I wanted Eliot’s fear of her turning out like he and Lizzie did to be really believable.   I also wanted it to be pretty obvious by the end that being around Eliot had sharped some of her edges just a tad bit.  

How did I do?

Also, I tried to balance out Miriam’s weakness with a sense of crazy humor. 

How did that work out?

Twilight

From now on, twilight is considered a dirty word.  NO MORE COMPARISONS.

At first it wasn’t that annoying, but then people just started comparing it for stupid reasons.  “Oh, they’re bonding…like in Twilight.”

"Oh, Eliot's a vampire...like in Twilight."

"Miriam has brown hair....like Bella in Twilight."

No, not like in Twilight!  The last time I checked, Stephanie Meyer did not copyright vampires or character development, kay?

Twilight is not the be all, end all in vampire fiction. 

Length

This story is a monster (the final total clocks in at 110,000 words, minus the epilogue).  I have a problem with limiting myself, so if you actually read the whole thing I commend you.

Questions/Confusions

Feel free to ask any questions AS LONG AS YOU’VE READ THE STORY.

Don’t you dare ask me things that are clearly explained if you would have actually read instead of skimmed.  I mean it.

 I spent part of my vacation and several weekends beating myself bloody over my keyboard to make sure that I tied together almost every single loophole I could think of. 

I was bound to miss some things, but don’t you dare ask me questions like ‘is Lizzie blind?’  Who is this Sage person we keep hearing about?  What is the blue all about?

Why didn’t Miriam’s mom come back?

I just might scream at you through the computer.

But, any genuine questions or concerns, feel free to ask away.

Discussions

On this page, feel free to post anything that you liked/hated about the story.  Anything (as long as you're nice about it).  Or anything you want me to know about how you felt reading it or whatever. 

Honesty

If you honestly loved/hated the ending/story, please tell me! 

If you don’t want to leave a comment, then message me.  Good or bad, please!

Thanks!

You guys are the best!