Chapter 1

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Marinette woke up with a start. "I know to take the muffins out of the oven, Mom"

"Sure, you do." Sabrine Dupain Cheng looked up at her only daughter's loft. "Get out of bed! You have fifteen minutes until school starts."

"WHAT?" Marinette yelled, suddenly completely awake. "Um, give me 5 minutes to change."

"Okay, honey."

As soon as her mother closed the door, Marinette literally jumped out of bed. "Ow..." She rubbed her foot and began running across the room, putting on her favorite shirt, pants, and jacket.

"Ok, come on Marinette, you can do this!" She said to no one in particular.

She ran downstairs, grabbed a bagel, and hurried out the door, munching on the bagel as she did. She was about to run across the crosswalk when she bumped into something.

Or rather, someONE.

"A-adrien?" Marinette squeaked nervously. "Oh why, oh why, is Alya not here!" She thought.

"Hi Marinette." Adrien said. "Are you late for school as well?" 

"Hehe, yeah." Marinette said. "Where's your car? I thought you were driven to school?"

"My bodyguard is sick, I couldn't go in the car. Do you mind if I walk with you? It's kind of lonely walking by myself."

"Um....sure! You're so cute! I mean....you're cool! Um...it's fine if you walk with me.." Marinette stuttered.

"Ok!" Adrien said, flashing one of his famous model smiles.

Marinette almost fainted.

                                                                                     =

"So girl, you're telling me you walked with Adrien to school, and you didn't even try telling him you like him?!!" Alya said, frustrated.

"Well, it just wasn't the right moment..."

"It's never the right moment with you around" Alya replied. 

"No, sometimes I actually feel like telling him but then I get all nervous and... its not the right moment..." Marinette sighed.

"See, girl?" Alya laughed. "Okay, I see your point bu-" Marinette started. "Class! Class!" Ms. Bustier, Marinette's teacher said. "I have an important announcement to make. This afternoon,  Clara Nightingale is hosting an audition for a lucky person to sing a duet with her in her newest album! It's not released yet, so you will get to hear her new song as well as be singing in the published copy of the album!"

"Wow...." Marinette whispered.

The school bell rang. 

BRRRRINGGG!

Alya's face lit up.

"Marinette, we should audition!" she said. "Can you sing good?"

"Um... well.... I guess." Marinette said.

"If Adrien hears you singing, in Clara's new album, maybe you won't be as nervous to go talk to him!" Alya said.

"And why is that?" Marinette asked.

"Because you two will both be famous! That should give you some confidence!" Alya said.

"Okay, it's worth a try."