Shake it Off

I'M SO SORRY FOR LATE UPDATE SCHOOL HAS BEEN KEEPING ME BUSY. ILY YOU GUY'S THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE READS.

George POV

'God It's cold in here'. I scrunched up my knees to my chest for some heat, but this only caused my comforter to fall off the bed. A sudden cold rush of wind sent chills up my spine as I winced and sat up to see the time on my alarm clock across the room.

4:58 AM 

'That's fine, I don't need sleep anyway.'  A big sigh escaped my mouth as I got up to start my day. Usually I would get breakfast,  maybe take a little walk before I hopped on my computer to start work. 'But usually Clay isn't snoring on my couch'. I was really trying my best to not wake him up, as it was pretty early and he must have been pretty tired from traveling the day before. Suddenly I remember about last night. My hands covered my face in embarrassment, 'Really George? You finally got to meet him. After all these years and THAT was you're first reaction? Crying? He probably think's you are so weird...'

Almost as if on cue, the smell of bacon slithers it's way into my nostrils. I hear the sound of bacon sizzling accompanied by faint humming of a happy human. 

Clay POV

'Geez his fridge is so unorganized, good thing I wont have to look at this monstrosity much longer'  I grab the carton of eggs and continue on making us breakfast. It's really quiet and I know I can't blast music like normal because George is sleeping, but that wont stop me from...making..."music".

"I go on to many dates..yea yea. But I can't make them stay..yea ya. At least that's what people saayy. mmhm. That's what people sayyy, mhmm."

My smile widens as I get into the song.

"But I keep cruising. Can't stop won't stop movinggg. It's like I got this muuusic in my mind saying 'It's gonna be alright."

There's no stopping me now.I hold my spatula like a mic.

"CAUSE THE PLAYERS GONNA PLAY PLAY PLAY PLAY PLAY AND THE HATERS GONNA HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE. BABY I'M JUST GONNA SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE. SHAKE IT OFF, SHAKE IT OFF AHYEAH"

I hear foot step's behind me and almost immediately my smile disappears as I grab the kitchen knife and spin around prepared to defend myself. Expecting a blood thirsty assassin, I was surprised to see a very sleepy and un-groomed George. He looked very much awake now, and very shooken up. Which suck's, because if that's all it takes to scare him it's gonna be one hell of a week. After he had a second to process, he smiled at me and said, "Good morning to you to, sunshine."

I sighed and went back to cooking.' At least he didn't hear me si-'

"Oh and lovely singing by the way. Didn't know you were a fan of Ms.Swift as well." 

My face immediately turned red. "Oh..so you heard that.." I just let out an awkward chuckle and turned to George, attempting to change the subject. He was still in his pajama's, and it was  already 5:20 am so they were going to head out soon. 

"You should get changed and cleaned up. You're allowed to bring a small backpack with clothes and stuff so choose wisely." I declared. Which was obviously way more than I should have allowed, but I figured it would be nice for him to be comfortable.

He just rolled his eyes. "You sound like my mother"

I stood back in a offended stance. "Do not!"

He just smirked. "That's what she would say"

"You wanna know what she said to me last night?" 

George broke down and started belly laughing, which caused him to spill his water all over his shirt. I don't think I have laughed this hard sense that day with Sapnap.

"We-well" He barley says "I guess I'll just have to *wheeze* Shake it Off

~time skip two hours later in the car~

George POV

"Hey Dream?"

After a slight pause he mumbles out, "You know you can call me by my real name right?"

We had been driving for nearly two hours. I spent my whole life around these parts, but I don't even recognize the music coming from the radio anymore. All that is visible for miles is open farm land, and I think I deserve to know where we are going.

"I know you don't want me asking question's, but...like... where are we going? Or at least how much longer? Apologies if I sound like a six year old but are we there yet?"

I shot a glance over to the drivers seat. Clay kept his eyes locked on the road, clearly avoiding eye contact.

"That's not true. You can ask questions. Just know that you're gonna get answers that make you uncomfy. Just know you're limits, not everyone can handle the truth. People who can't accept the truth make up these weird half truth reality's to bend it to their needs, and while that doesn't make you weak, it makes you vulnerable. And right now, I can't have you in that state of mind, okay?"

This is so bizzare. How could ones voice sound so soft and gentle, yet so serious and mysterious at one time? 

"But, If you really wanna know, we are going to the L'Manberg Inn."

A comfortable silence settled on us like a heavy blanket, with the wind gently grazing my face and the radio playing folk music in the back round.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WORD COUNT: 932

okay I spent a lot of time on this chapter and I promise big things are about to happen! also I know this was pretty cringe but ya know what whatever. so sorry for the late update love you guys <3