T H R E E | A Picture of Foster's Drool

Sophie knocked twice. When there was no response she knocked again. What was taking him so long to say something or open the door? Just when she was about to knock again the door opened showing an annoyed Magnate Leto in its place. 

"Good morning Miss Foster, what can I help you with at this early time?" He rubbed his eyes while going back to his desk. They seemed to be the first people to arrive at Foxfire. Not even Elwin was here, who for some reason Sophie thought slept there. 

"I've figured out what I want to teach!" She replied enthusiastically. 

"So you've made up your mind about mentoring? You seemed pretty hesitant last time I talked to you," Magnate Leto pointed out. 

"Yeah, but I'm better now," She reached for her satchel to pull out a piece of paper all wrinkled. She wondered if he would mind it was in that state. "And I brought this! It's my list of topics I want to cover,"

Sophie handed the paper and watched Magnate Leto read it expectantly. 

"Ms. Foster, do you realize this is an official document? At least for the academy, I'd advise you to rewrite it, neater and with proper titles. What does 'yeah boi' mean?" He raised an eyebrow while handing her the wrinkled piece of paper. 

"It means- it doesn't matter I'll rewrite it, but I wanted to talk to you about things regarding the class too," 

"Such as?"

"Well, a classroom for example. I think I could teach them about human classrooms and classmates without directly writing it on a board," 

Magnate Leto nodded understandingly, although the furrowed brow on his forehead contradicted him. 

"Here's where I wanna get at: I could build a human classroom! I know how the system works and how many kids I can handle-"

"So, you're going to teach more than one prodigy at once?" Magnate Leto interrupted her. 

"Yes, that's how human schools work. Anyhow, I can give you a list of resources and things I need for the class and you can just get them for me. Easy," Sophie explained. Easy for him maybe, she'd have to make that list and see if they have everything in the Lost Cities she'd need for mentoring. I'd be a hard job but she could get it done. 

"All right, you can do that, I'll give you room 206 for whatever you're doing. I would also like that list as soon as possible so that the kids can learn as fast as you can,"

Sophie nodded and with that she left a very tired Magnate Leto. 

She hadn't realized she was pretty tired herself, it was very early after all. She sat on the flor, outside the Healing Center and took out a blank page and a pen out of her satchel. She was going to start writing that list of resources she needed. 

From The Healing Center Sophie could see very far away Room 206, the one Magnate Leto had promised it'd be hers. It looks pretty bland but she didn't mind it. If it was absolutely necessary she'd get Biana to bedazzle the room. If Biana were to be on her class, there wouldn't be a choice but to have the room bedazzled. 

Then a terrifying realization hit her. Was she mentoring her friends too? Anyone she could handle but she was sure Keefe was gonna ditch or pull some sort of prank on her. He was every mentor at Foxfire's nightmare. Who knew what he would do to her. Dex and Fitz would probably make fun of her and call her names. 

Sophie wondered if it was too late to back off. Would Magnate Leto mind if she just barged into his office and said hey, so um, I don't wanna do this anymore because I don't wanna be laughed at

Oh gosh what would Stina say?! Not that she cared anything Stina said about her. But it still made her nervous. If she took Human Culture she would fail her. Say oops, you're not as smart as you think, A big fat F for that. Nah, Sophie wasn't that mean. 

Before she could start writing a word, Sophie felt her eyelids heavy, and her head felt like a burden to keep up. In no time, she gave in to the feeling. 

***

"Shhh no! Don't do that there's better ways to wake her!" A female voice said, far away. 

"Dude, this is the best way to wake her, there is no better," A male voice replied. 

"Stop, stop, stop, I'll wake her up, you go find someone else to bother," The female voice seemed annoyed. 

"Sophie..." The female voice whispered, closer to her. "Hey buddy, wake up," 

Sophie started opening her eyes and lifting her head, just to find an awful neck pain haunting her, making her eyes shut from the pain. Sophie groaned. 

"Heyyyyyy, how are you? Did you sleep well?" The female voice said in a sweet tone. 

"Foster, wake up, you're late to class," The male voice said, to her this time. She now realized the voices belonged to Keefe and Biana. 

She made a second attempt, lifting her head and automatically grabbing her stiff neck from the pain. 

Sophie groaned "Where am I? What time is it?" 

The first face she saw was Keefe standing up looking right at her, wearing that smirk he always wore. Beside her was Biana squatting to look at Sophie better, with a sweet smile. 

"You're outside the Healing Center and it's like 9:00 am" Keefe explained. Sophie's eyes opened widely and stood up with a jump. 

"9:00 am?!" She exclaimed. 

"That's right, I didn't know you could sleep in school too! Man, I would've done it earlier if I knew," Keefe teased her as she rolled her eyes. 

"Help me stand up instead," Keefe gave her a hand and she took it, stading up. 

"Well, well, well, look who just woke up, I wanted to wake you up when classes started but Keefe didn't wanna-"

"Didn't wanna not take a picture of you drooling all over yourself," Keefe interrupted Elwin who was coming out of the Healing Center "Nailed it," 

"Sure," Elwin snickered. "Well, now that you're awake you can go to your class, I'm sure Councillor Bronte will be very forgiving of you coming late to his class," 

And with that Sophie finished taking her stuff and started running all the way to the Elite Towers. Bronte was gonna be so mad, he would fail her. He failed her when she came 30 seconds late what would he do when she came 20 minutes late! 

"Bye Sophie!" Biana yelled from behind, Sophie had completely forgotten to say thanks and good bye. 

"Bye! And thanks for waking me up!" Sophie shouted back. 

A/N

Hey everyone! Hope you liked this chapter, I felt it kinda short but that's ok. Don't be impatient, the actual Human Culture classes will start in no time, I just had to make Sophie make things clear!

I also added that little falling asleep scene which was kind of unnecessary but I enjoyed it, so I hope you enjoyed it too! 

with love & wrinkled pages,

Biana :)