F O U R | You're Doing Purrfect!

"Sit still!" Biana cried frustrated. 

"No! I don't need this Biana! Remind me why I agreed to do this?" Sophie whined. 

"Because I'm your best friend!" Sophie raised an eyebrow at Biana looking at her through the mirror. "Okay that's kinda rude." Biana went back to brushing --more like ripping off-- Sophie's hair. 

Sophie stood up from the chair Biana had her in, half her of her head perfectly brushed and the other half a bird's nest. She crossed her arms across her chest, stood up and looked at Biana.

"Sophie, sit back down, if--" 

A chuckling that became a laughter interrupted her. Sophie turned around to find Vertina out of breath laughing. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," She said between breaths, not really being sorry. She was now kind of wheezing, Sophie wondered if she could even breathe. Then again, it was a magical mirror, she wasn't able to breathe. 

"It's just your hair looks like a rat's nest." Vertina dragged out the last word to resume to her wheezing. Sophie rolled her eyes and turned back to Biana, who she found laughing too; bent over, supporting herself on her knees with both hands. 

Sophie raised her eyebrows at Biana, dead serious. "I'm sorry Sophie but she's kinda right." 

"Whatever, I don't need this." Sophie walked over to the bathroom to see how bad it looked without having the mirror laughing at her. 

When she saw it, she started silently laughing too. She had no words for how ridiculous she looked. She shook her head. She should've never agreed to having Biana do her hair on the first day of mentoring. Especially if Biana wanted to do some fancy, big hairdo. 

Sophie walked back into her room, finding a silent Vertina and Biana. However, when they saw her they started to laugh all over again. 

"Yeah, yeah." Sophie said walking over to grab her hair brush and fix the mess her friend had made. 

"No Sophie c'mon, please let me do your hair!" Biana begged finally calming down from all that laughing. 

"Why should I?"

"Because I'm your friend! Plus it's your first day as a MENTOR, that's huge! Plus I'm the only person who can make you look fantabulous."

"That's not a word."

"Yes it is, it's the name of my autobiography," Sophie rolled her eyes at Biana. "Pleeeeeeeease!"

"Fine! But make it quick and simple." 

***

half an hour later, Sophie was ready. She insisted on not making a huge deal out of mentoring (or her new hair) but knowing her family they would never listen. 

Biana had made two braids at the sides of her head that connected in the middle like a half up-do. Honestly, Sophie thought it was incredible, it was classy but it also felt like her. 

Biana was expecting her downstairs while she finished getting ready. She wouldn't admit it, but she was nervous. It was her first day, of course she was going to be nervous. It was only natural. What was natural anyway? Did other teachers and mentors get nervous too? Ugh, this was a nightmare! Why did she ever agree to this in the first place?! She should've just stayed in her little comfort zone bubble where she was safe. 

Yeah but no one else was, her brain reminded her. Stupid brain and its stupid logic. She hated that it was right. This was the right thing to do, whether she liked it or not. 

She tugged an eyelash. For good luck, she told herself. She took a deep breath. Then another. Her knees were wobbly and she had to carry her hands prisoner style avoiding tugging all her eyelashes.