Magnus Bane

Magnus stood in the dark street of New York, the cold winter breeze brushing through his hair, his empty hand lay outstretched in front of him. He watched as Alec walked further away from him going further down the dark street until he was no longer visible. Alec's voice echoing inside his head. 

"Magnus, I can't" said Alec "I'm sorry" The words were like a thousand knifes to his heart. Alexander. His Alexander, the one who had kissed him in the accords room in front of the entirety of the clave to show just how much he loved him. His Alexander who had charged head first into battle just to save him. His Alexander who had made him laugh for the first time in so long. His Alexander who had reminded him of love, love that he never thought he would find or have ever again. His Alexander who just walked away from him. His Alexander who just broke his heart. His Alexander who is gone.

                                                                          THREE WEEKS LATER

Magnus hadn't heard from Alec in three weeks, no call, no text, nothing. The night still clear in his mind....Watching him walk away, he keep thinking, 'please turn around, just turn around, come back to me, kiss me.' But Alec had just kept walking until he could no longer see him. He was drinking more, not that it effected him much, he could never get drunk due to his Warlock tolerance for booze. Sometimes he would drink so much so he could just feel a little drunk, but he felt nothing. He went back into his older ways, going to countless parties. He had made-out with a few people, maybe a fairy or two maybe they were vampires? it didn't matter, he never made it past the first layer of their clothes before he saw Alec behind his closed eyes. He couldn't get Alec out of his head. Of all his past lovers no one had quite touched his heart like Alec did. He had contemplated whether or not to go to the New York institute just to see Alec, not go up to him, no he couldn't. He would make it to the corner of the street where the institute stood, but too turn around in fear. He couldn't get Alec out of his head, every single memory replaying inside his head. Even the happiest memories of him and Alec, like the time he took Alec to Japan, and to see his face light up at all the sights and sounds of a new country, they way Alec held him close to him in the photo booth, even that saddened Magnus's already broken heart. 

He couldn't handle it anymore, it was unbearable for him. One night he was out on his balcony, dark circles under his eyes showing the countless restless nights, his usually spiked hair dropped down over one of his eyes, his shirt top button undone, his smudged makeup made him look like a child had done his makeup. Red sparks appeared out of the corner of his eye, looking to his side a portal was opening up beside him, no a riff. Out stepped and tall lean man with perfectly styled hair, a dark black suit with speaks of red glitter sparkled over it, a cane in his right hand and a wicked grin on his face. 

"My Son." Said the man.   

"Father? what fool summoned you?" asked Magnus.

"No one, My son I could feel you're heart break all the way from Edom" He said walking closer to him, Magnus took a step back.

"Why would you care about my love life?" asked Magnus sarcastically. 

"I have always cared for you, I was the one who saved you from drowning, I was the one who showed you you're true power, I am who made you the man you are today. This heart ache is making you weak." He said,

"Alec is different" muttered Magnus, he couldn't believe he was actually saying this to his father, his father Asmodeous the prince of hell. And he was standing here talking about his love life?

"My son, I can make all that pain go away. I can take it all away, a simple flick of my wrist and all you're memories of this Shadowhunter boy, I can take them away like they were never there in the first place." He said.

Magnus stood there emotionless, staring at his father. 'Take his memories away, his memories of Alec?' 

"Why would you do that?" asked Magnus, coldly.

"Because you are my son," said Asmodeous.

"Nothing you do is free." scoffed Magnus. 

"You could join me in Edom, get away from this world, the world polluted with mundane and Nephilim."  said Asmodeous. 

"And you would take them away," said Magnus. "The memories?" 

"Just like that." He answered.

Magnus looked at his father, he can't be serious? this is Alec were talking about. Does he really want to take all his memories of Alec away?

"I can take the memories away easily myself, I will join you in Edom. You're right there is nothing left here for me." said Magnus emotionless. 

"Okay then my son. I will wait for you." said Asmodeous.

"I prefer to do this kind of thing in private so I will come out side when I'm done." said Magnus, walking back into his apartment to his room closing the door. 

Asmodeous waited out on the balcony, Magnus strode out in a completely new outfit a dark blue suite, his hair was spiked up, he wore gold rings on his fingers, and a necklace hung on his neck, that shone a sparkle blue.  

"Father." he said.

"Is it done?" asked Asmodeous.

"What done?" asked Magnus. 

"Alec Lightwood?" asked Asmodeous.

"Never heard of him before, must be a Shadowhunter." scoffed Magnus. 

Asmodeous, gave him a smile. A wicked looking smile. 

"Let us go then, come now my son" he said to Magnus. Asmodeous opened up a portal and the both of them stepped through, leaving behind red sparks.