'three

|kenma kozume|

it was tuesday afternoon and i was waiting for kuroo and his friends to come out the school. i had told my parents i would come home a little later than usual because i was going to hang out with some guys from school and they proudly smiled at me before nodding.

it was all quiet and calm until a big, scary guy came up to me. he didn't wear the school uniform. he must've been a senior from.. oh? karasuno high?

"what is someone so tiny doing out here alone?" he asked, glaring down at me.

i looked up at him and i was sure he could see me shaking.

his eyes widened and he looked at me strangely. "i'm not going to beat you up, moron. my name is tsukishima kei, i'm from karasuno. i'm here to meet up with some friends, is all. you seem very small and that usually makes you a target, that's why i asked."

i finally breathed, relaxing into my normal state.

"i'm kenma. i'm just waiting for kuroo and some other people," i replied, looking up at the blond. "you're scary looking."

he rolled his eyes, "what a subtle way to call one ugly."

my eyes widened when i realized it. "wait no, i didn't mean that you were ugly! i meant that you were so tall and intimidating is all!"

tsukki smirked, "you're saying i'm attractive?"

i felt my face heat up in embarrassed, "i- no- uh- yes?"

he let out a dry chuckle. "cute. anyways kid, stay safe. i'll see you later."

i nodded, watching as he made his way to the back of the school. minutes after he left, kuroo came out.

he came to me and shrugged, "the rest of the team wants to practice volleyball before going to the coffee shop. i don't deem you as the sportsy type so i didn't think you'd want to sit there and watch, so we can go ahead first and they'll come later."

i nodded shyly. i was always shy and anxious. i hated it.

we started walking towards the direction of the shop, passing my house as we did. kuroo took notice of me narrowing my eyes at it.

"this is where you live?" he asked, looking at it. his eyebrows were raised, so he obviously thought it was big.

i nodded, "yeah."

he nodded, "i live closer to the school. i'll show you next time, yeah?"

i nodded, "yeah, sure."

we continued our walk in silence, until we entered the door to find a different man at the counter, and those same karasuno kid's in the same tables again.

"KUROO, YOU ASS, HI," someone shouted, it was a orange haired boy, he was loud and aggressive for someone so short.

"hinata! hey. what are you guys still doing here? i thought you were heading back to your town friday?" kuroo asked.

"well we were, but our bus malfunctioned or some shit," a bald guy answered.

"whose that?" hinata asked kuroo, pointing at me. kuroo looked down at me, "oh, this is kenma. he's new to the town so i'm hanging out with him and all. kenma, this is hinata, tanaka, suga, daichi, yamaguchi, kageyama, asahi, nishinoya, and etc. tsukishima isn't here right now."

i nodded, "i met h-him. he's blond with glasses. he was at the school."

kuroo frowned, as so did many of the karasuno students. "what was he doing at nekoma?" suga asked, frowning slightly.