Chapter 21

A/N - One last chapter to tie up some loose ends before we get into the "Impossible Girl" series arc. Katherine Mcnamara from "Shadowhunters" will be portraying the Second Elise.

Elise woke up in an odd bed in a room she didn't recognize. "Dad?" Elise called.

She wasn't on the TARDIS, that much she knew. She stood up and stumbled to the door. Her mind was swimming. She remembered regenerating and the lizard woman.

What was her name? Vestra? No, Vastra. Madame Vastra.

Where was she? When was she?

Everything was so fuzzy and her head hurt.

Elise made her way into the hallway.

"Madame Elise. You shouldn't be out of bed," a brunette woman in a maid outfit said, coming towards her.

"Who are you?" Elise asked. She didn't understand what was going on. Where was her father?

"I'm Jenny, ma'am. You know that," the woman, Jenny, said, "Let's get you changed." Jenny reached out to touch Elise, but she backed away like a caged animal.

"Get away from me! Where's my father!" she yelled.

"Miss, please. You need to calm down. You'll feel better once you lay down and rest some more."

"I don't want to..." Elise fell to her knees as pain racked her body. She pressed a hand to her chest. "Something's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong, miss. You just need more sleep."

"I...I don't think I want to."

Jenny helped her up and back to her room. Jenny helped her undress and Elise noticed a tattoo.

Roses with thorns wound up her side and stopped at her neck. They were beautiful. Elise touched her neck where the tattoo stopped.

"We'll need to find something to cover that up," Jenny said.

"What? Why?" Elise asked.

"You're in Victorian London, miss."

"Am I?"

Jenny handed her a green dress. "Matches your eyes."

"Does it?" Elise looked at herself in the mirror. This body had more of a womanly shape. She had red hair exactly like Amy's, but her eyes were green. A beautiful pale green.

Jenny handed her a shawl to cover the tattoo winding up her neck.

They went downstairs.

"Who is this?" Latimer asked.

"It's complicated," Jenny told him. Jenny ran over to the window. "They're growing! The snowmen are growing!"

"What should we do?"

"Jenny, did the Doctor leave my screwdriver?" Elise asked.

"No ma'am."

Elise cursed under her breath, making Latimer and the maid gasp.

Jenny smiled. This Elise had more fire than the first one.

"No, you must fight. Hang on and fight, boy. You can do it," Strax told Clara.

Latimer rushed to her side.

"Captain Latimer. Your children. They're afraid. Hold them," she said.

"It's not really my area."

"It is now."

There was a crack of thunder outside and the snow turned to rain.