BeST fRiENdS

Author's Note: This is my first time EVER trying to write a story so it might be absolutely cringey but I hope you enjoy :)))))

Summary: when you like your best friend for years and never make a move, he might finally take his shot 😏

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not much of a social person but somehow I managed to make some best friends in college, but atlas, it was all coming to an end. I didn't quite get my dream job yet but I'd be working alongside the people that could help build my network and learn from. The only downside was I was going to have to leave my college town for a new city. Now don't get me wrong, I was really excited to be going to work in a city but the friends I made here meant a lot to me. One of them being one of my best friends, Dylan. Since it was my last day in town, we decided to hangout tonight before he had to drop me off at the airport tomorrow afternoon. I nearly finished packing everything before I heard the bell ring. "Come in" I hollered out and heard the door open. "Wow this place is so different with everything packed up" Dylan said as he walked in to meet me in the kitchen. Dylan and I were going to commemorate the best of this town so I "don't forget how great a college town is to a LAME city" which ironically is Lee's, a local mom and pop shop downtown. And to top it off with some video game and tv binge til I would have to head home. Dylan and I have been best friends for 2 years now after working on a class project together but I actually met Dylan a year earlier, while getting Chick-Fil-A (my FAVORITE) after class with my friend, Jack.

This guy came up to Jack while we were waiting in line and dabbed him up and they started talking completely forgetting I was there. I just remember watching the interaction, specifically watching this tall slim fit guy with messy dark brown hair and a jawline that could cut, wishing he'd talk to me too. I was trying to urge Jack with my mind to introduce me. Silently trying to telepathically yell "COME ON BRO please introduce me and let this beautiful man talk to me or at least know I exist!"

Needless to say, while Dylan had to go, our eyes briefly crossed as he turned to walk away. I immediately glared at the oblivious Jack who responded with a typical "whattt?". I rolled my eyes, boys will be boys, cant trust them to do anything right I thought.

Later that day, I couldn't help myself from stalking this cute guy that was literally 'my type'. But I was shortly disappointed to find the sad truth, guys that hot are rarely ever available or interested, but lucky for me I didn't have to worry about the latter because he had a whole girlfriend. And to make matters worse, a girl friend from high school. Rip me. So needless to say, I spent quite a bit of time stalking their relationship and honestly I couldn't even be jealous because she seemed like the coolest girl; involved, athletic, super sweet, she was beautiful and she didn't even need to wear makeup, not that I wear makeup- namely because I don't understand it- but trust me – I DEFINITELY need it. They were cute together and even though I literally didn't know either of them, I was genuinely happy for them.

Now fast forward to the present; I had gotten over that *LITTLE* crush I had on Dylan back when I met him for the first time thankfully before I actually knew him and started working together. During our class together, I obviously recognized him but I just never really cared to think much about him because he was still with his girlfriend and even if he were single- let's be honest, he was wayy out of my league. It wasn't that bad though. We happened to have a lot in common so naturally we could easily talk for hours without even trying but nevertheless it was always platonic. Well, that was until he broke up with his high school sweetheart... after that things weren't not platonic anymore. Our calls got a bit more flirtatious, well maybe just to me I couldn't quite tell if it was just me overthinking as I usually do. It also didn't help that the crush I buried DEEP came back. But it was all irrelevant now, I was leaving out of the state in less than 24 hours and I truly do value Dyl too much as a best friend that I don't want to risk losing what we have by being selfish.