i

Zane leaned over Cole. Nya and Cole were completely silent. Zane also felt awkward. "Have you seen any of the other elemental masters?" Said Zane, trying to break the silence. "My sister was the elemental master of wood" said Cole "but they got her." They lapsed back into silence.

"I'm sorry" said Zane. "This is all my fault. I should have let them get me. Then you would be fine" said Zane looking at Cole. "It was for the best" said Cole "if it wasn't for you Jay would still be in there" "no" said Zane "I caused the problem, Nya solved it"

Jay walked back in holding two rabbits. "I got food!" He said and sat by the fire cooking it. Cole gasped and sat up. "They're coming here!" He shouted. "We need to go!" Zane helped Cole and they all left the clearing. Nya heard footsteps so her and Jay climbed up a tree. Zane couldn't carry Cole up a tree so he ran into the bushes to hide.

"The captive lied" said Karl. "He said Ice was here" "maybe you misheard him?" Asked one man "I didn't mishear him and if that's what you think maybe you should have the job next time!" Said Karl. The other man mumbled an apology. The group set off down the road again.

Nya and Jay climbed down from the tree. "Where are Cole and Zane?" Asked Jay. "They'll turn up" said Nya as they sat round the fire. "Tell me about the other elemental masters." Said Nya. "Who are they?"

"Well" said Jay "I am in a group of five. There is Me, master of lightning. I'm the funny one. Then there is Lloyd, master of green. He's the leader. Morro, master of wind. He knows all the routes through the city, and has at different times known all the gangs. Then there is Zane, master of ice, the clever one, and Kai master of fire. He's only in our group because of his elemental power. Every evening he searches the city for his missing sister. All he knows about her is that she is the master of water."

"Apart from Cole, are there any other elemental masters?" Asked Nya. "No" said Jay "Kai thinks the master of water is still around, but everyone else thinks she's dead."