🌻Tricks🌻

In the late day of September Bruce Wayne walks down the street. Alfred had ordered him to get some fresh air, he denied at first but then decided to go in favor of his wishes. The least he can do is listen to Alfred.

Joyful laughters distract him from his thoughts. Across the street is a small crowd of 7 to ten people, and in the center of attention a teenager catches his eye.

The audience cheers as the honey blonde headed teen does another magic trick on the streets of Gotham. Tricks are one of her many talents.

Her noticeable appearance consist of dirty shoes and a denim jacket with stains here and there. Although she has an hourglass body frame, she looked a little thin. With cheeks sunken in and dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep she still has a surprising amount of energy.

Perhaps she's homeless? he thinks to himself.

Mari would feel insulted by that word, many would call her a runaway, but she prefers the term free spirt and that she is.

Ever since her parents dropped her off in foster care at age 4 she has been running away from every Foster home she gets put in. Some have been good, some have been bad, but one thing is for sure, nothing and no one can tie Mari Vera down.

Thunderous claps put a smirk on her face. The smile is filled with bad intentions, only the best can tell, and One man in the crowd can; Bruce Wayne.

He thinks, Whats she planning?

The girl intrigues him. Like Jason she has a large fire within her, but gives off the same warmth as Tim. Although her can tell her happiness is not genuine, theres a certain glow about her.

"For my next guess, I will need a volunteer!" She skips around ecstatically. 

Bruce ponders before making a final decision, "I'll  volunteer." 

He walks forward with power radiating off of him. The people begin to whisper noticing  their local Billionaire. How could they forget the face thats always plastered in the news?

For Mari she sees Gothams billionaire Playboy as an opportunity... to steal from. Although it is morally wrong Mari has always enjoyed the thrill of pickpocketing during her little street show.

Pulling out a silver coin  the audience eyes it as if they will be able to see how the trick is done. With her silky voice she says "Watch the coin Wayne."

The silver coin spins on her finger tip and she waves her other over it. Peculiarly, the silver coin is no longer there. Its in a place no one would expect.

"Check your shoe." She says with a grin.  Bruce raises an eyebrow, he would have surely felt it in his shoe. After all he is Batman.

"Excuse me?" He half fakes his confusion. Mari just points her finger sassily and silently waits. She would have to have quick reflexes to pull this off.

He complies, not sure how she would be able to pull it off. Lifting his foot he sees the silver coin underneath the soul.

A voice interrupts, "Mari!" A police officer that Mari is quite familiar with runs in her direction. If Mari has an arch nemesis it would be Jake. Pissing him off is very appealing to her.

Mari skips into the alleyway behind her still showing off. Normally she has an escape route whether she makes it up or not. Being prepared is always important to her. Unless its school related, she isn't the best student.

Grabbing a large rope she clutches onto it.

Time for my Dramatic flare, She thinks inwardly.