Fall Fun

Alfred Pennyworth doesn't take shit.

.......

"ITS SPOOKY SEASON!" Mari screams at the top of her lungs as she runs into the kitchen. Alfred scolds her to be more careful with her injury. If only he knew.

"Its barley October Vera, its not even clo-" Damian says while eating some of Alfreds famous pancakes before getting interrupted.

"Shush. Let me enjoy this Lucifer." She puts a finger to his lips causing Damian to role his eyes. Tim walks in giving her a look.

"Your not ready for school. Did Bruce not tell you?" He says confusing her. Tim takes a sip out of his extremely large coffee cup. The amount of caffeine this boy needs is frightening.

"Your not funny." She says glaring at him. No way would she go to that stuck up Gotham academy. 

"Master Drake is right. you will be attending today." Alfred says as he sets her late on the table."Why?" She complains.

"Well miss, school is a place you can learn, and you need a lot of that." He says walking out of the room. Mari's jaw drops.

"Di-did Alfred just roast me?" She ask dumbfounded.

"Oof." Tim says tiredly. Alfred Pennyworth doesn't take shit.

........

The uniform is itchy and the skirt is too short for Mari's opinion. It shows some of her past scars on her legs leaving her quite uncomfortable with this much skin showing. Due to her feelings of immodesty she decided to put on tights under her skirt.

"God save me from this hell hole." She whispers as she walks through the hallways.  People stare and whisper about Mari.

"Look it's Bruce Waynes ward."

"Id tap that ass."

"Thats the Wayne girl that was shot right?"

"She looks like a rat."

Not gonna lie, that one stung. 

Tim, being a genius is in higher classes than Mari herself, though he is younger than her. Cass and Mari share a few classes together along with a family friend Stephanie Brown. 

Music class has been her favorite class so far. Physics was the worse thing she has ever experienced. In her opinion it should be classified as torture.

The lunch bell rings, causing the students to shove papers into their bags and attempt to escape. And of course the teacher said "The bell doesn't excuse you, I do."

Classic teacher move. Stupid and predictable.

The cafeteria is so crowded its nearly impossible for Mari to look for Tim or Cass. They were no where to be seen. Even Stephanie was gone. To bad Damian isn't in High school, otherwise Mari would sit with him. 

Alone in the corner Mari picks at her lunch food in boredom. Loneliness is something Mari is use too so why does it feel so different? Perhaps she has been spending too much time with her 'family'. She hasn't been this connected with people in a while.

Where the hell are they?

Mari checks her phone as a news notification pops up.

The riddler strikes at Gothams Mall while the Bats put him Behind bars.

Something in Maris gut can tell something is off, or maybe its just the cafeteria food she's eating.

.....