i. worlds collide

Life had moved quickly for Lalisa Manoban after the debut of Blackpink. They had already released 4 music videos within the span of a couple of months and completed all the promotions that had come with it. Just as she was ready to finally let her tired body rest for just a day, she got the call from her manager that she had been invited to participate in the dance stage at an end-of-year award show.
"Seriously!? Really!? You're not pulling my leg, right!?" ...that was her first reaction to the news.
Her manager had laughed at her and reassured her that she was the most suitable candidate to represent YG.
She was beyond excited that she would be able to show off her dancing skills.
She was on her way to her fourth practice for this event, which would be hosted at SM Entertainment's building this time. Her previous classes had focused on the street stage and she had met the other dancers for that stage there too. She was relieved that all the other idols had been so friendly on first introductions and the sunbaes in the group had welcomed the rookies so easily. She had also met a fellow Thai idol, Ten, from the boy band NCT. Before coming to Korea, she hadn't realised how much she had taken communicating without worrying about saying something wrong for granted, but meeting Ten and being able to speak to him in Thai was an unexpected relief.
Her manager turned the van into the underground parking lot to take her straight to the private entrance at SM.
"Just ring me when you're done, okay? Play nice with the others."
"Aish, stop treating me like a baby, oppa," she whined, even knowing that she sounded just like a child when she did that. Her pout quickly turned into a large joking grin. "See you later!"
She knew the way up to the training room by now, after coming here for the last practice session too. However, when she got to the practice room and peeked through the glass doorway, the room was empty.
"Are you here for the Gayo Daejun dance practice?"
She spun around at the sound of the new voice behind her and immediately bowed upon seeing who was in front of her.
"Sunbaenim," she greeted formally.
He looked abashed. "No need for that. Just Jimin is fine."
"Jimin-ssi... Yes I'm here for the dance practice. I'm Lisa by the way."
"Nice to meet you, Lisa-ssi. Looks like they moved the practice to the sixth floor. See?"
He pointed to the paper sign taped to the wall beside the door.
"Oh, how did I miss that?" she laughed to herself awkwardly. Honestly, she was a big fan of her BTS sunbaes. To now be stood in front of Park Jimin and talking to him was surreal.
"Wait, are you also in the collaborative dance stage?" It only registered that that was the only feasible reason he was also there too.
He nodded his head with a smile. "I'm doing the ballet and modern dance section. Shall we head up together?"
She nodded her head a bit too eagerly.
Internally, she wanted to scream. She was going to be sharing the stage with Park Jimin when the street dancers and modern dancers took to the stage together for a final performance.
"You're a member of Blackpink, right? Sorry, I should know these things but..."
"No, don't apologise. I understand you must be too busy to keep up with everything! But yes, I'm in Blackpink. I'm happy that sunbae has heard of us!"
"Well me and my members love your songs!" He sang the chorus of Whistle to prove he knew it, and Lisa was instantly mesmerised by his voice. She blushed at the admission that BTS love Blackpink, but her shade turned redder when she heard him sing 'hwiparam'.
"Wow, your voice is so impressive," she clapped happily. "I'm also a big fan of BTS. I've been listening to Wings non-stop these days."
As soon as she said it, she started to regret it. She wanted to play it cool around her favourite idols, instead of exposing herself for being the biggest fangirl out there.
When he laughed, she was sure he was going to laugh in her face. However, much to her relief, his smile at her was genuine and kind.
"Thanks, that means so much to us."
She melted at that smile. She couldn't help staring at his bright face, but she was snapped out of her thoughts when they arrived at the right practice room. All the other idols were already there and after some brief introductions with the people she hadn't yet met, they started the class.
The choreographer explained that they would be dancing to 'In the Name of Love' and demonstrated the dance to them first.
"Did you get it all, Lice?" Ten nudged her with an elbow and a teasing smirk. He knew from their street dance practice that she picked up choreography extremely quickly.
His question was overheard by Twice's Momo, who guffawed. "Did you learn the whole dance just then!?"
She was about to modestly shake her head but Ten interrupted her before she could say anything.
"Lalice learnt the whole street dance performance after just watching it once. She has a computer in her brain or something."
Seulgi quickly reaffirmed and nudged her encouragingly to the center of the room. "Go on, show them how fast you learn."
She didn't know how she got there but she was suddenly faced with a dozen pairs of eyes on her, including the choreographer's, all looking at her with a mix of curiosity and anticipation.
She fretted that she didn't remember it, but as soon as the music started for her, she let her body move intuitively.
When the music stopped, an applause awaited her along with many exclamations of surprise.
"That's an impressive talent, Miss Manoban," the choreographer complimented with a smile. "A few minor errors, but I'm starting to see why people are calling Blackpink the 'monster rookies'."
His compliment meant a lot to her and her lips broke out into a wide smile as she tried to regain her breath.